Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR 2021
Occupation
Cyber Security Engineering Manager
Let me know if you have any questions…
Hey Lee, do you offer a video for the adjustments you mention here?
Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
See screenshot below (highlighted section). Specifically calls out factory soft tops, but no mention of hard tops. I had the same question. Same technical specs for front and rear doors.

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 11.49.15 AM.png
Thank you, I see that now. I'll look into making it more clear.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

PicklesJ

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT-S/MT &'10 Wrangler JKU-S
Occupation
Retired (military & civil service)
Vehicle Showcase
I love our soft doors. I mean, I think they're one of the most fun products we offer and one of my favorites. They really embody what Jeeping is to me. They often get horrible reviews from people who aren't aware of the fact that they need some tweaking once on the vehicle or aren't aware of how to do it. Let me take a few minutes to give you the skinny.

These doors are fantastically fun IF you have the right expectations. A door made from wire frame and fabric will never behave as a full steel factory door will. They will be noisier, they won't have equal weather seal, but they will be more fun! These are doors that you can install or remove in a minute. You can drive to the trailhead with them on, then toss them in the back. What a great option to have! Or you can run doorless daily and pop these on when there's rain in the forecast. With this type of convenience, you will naturally have a compromise somewhere. They will still keep most of the heat it, %99 of the weather out, and provide a controlled cabin.

There are several adjustments that can be made. There are 2 nuts behind a flap of fabric that can be loosened to cant the doors up or downward. There is some tolerance built into the latches for fine tuning. You WILL NEED to bend them, you will not break a weld in doing so, don't be shy. Stand between the open door and the Jeep. Grab the top front corner of the upper and pull down. Repeatedly. You want this to make contact with the windshield frame before the rest of the door; you want preload when it closes.
Pro Tip: leave the latch installed but loose. Shut the door. Tighten the latch where it naturally wants to sit.

Let me know if you have any questions or if I missed anything!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
A video of the above on You Tube would be great.

GregW68

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Self
Hey Lee @Bestop,

Received my doors almost a month ago. There is a problem with one of the doors. I opened a ticket with customer service but no response yet. PM me if you'd like the ticket number to see if you can help with a resolution.

Thanks,

greg

Sponsored

GregW68

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Self
@GregW68 Do you mind elaborating for us what your issue is?
The front passenger side door and window do not line up correctly. I can't get the middle pin on the window to slide down into the hole on the door. The pin on the window will go down into the hole on the door about an inch and then the pin is wedged in the hole. The pin seems to be going one direction while the hole seems to be going a different direction :) The first pin and the last pin on the window line up correctly with the holes on the door.

I can't see a way to bend the pin on the window to make it work as it does line up with the holes on the door but will not seat fully into the hole. If I bend the pin on the window it will no longer line up with the hole on the door. It looks to me like the hole on the door is crooked. Pin looks like this "| "and door hole looks like this "\" . (not that bad but bad enough for the pin to get wedged after an inch or so)

All the other doors/windows work as expected.

FWIW I have had soft doors on all the Jeeps I have owned for the last 20 years. I have learned how to play with the hinge adjustments and bend the top for a better seal. This is the first time I have seen this issue in all that time.

greg

image0 (2).jpeg

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey Lee @Bestop,

Received my doors almost a month ago. There is a problem with one of the doors. I opened a ticket with customer service but no response yet. PM me if you'd like the ticket number to see if you can help with a resolution.

Thanks,

greg
Hey Greg,
Please shoot me a message with your ticket number and contact info, we'd be glad to get you straightened out. Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks!
Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
I love our soft doors. I mean, I think they're one of the most fun products we offer and one of my favorites. They really embody what Jeeping is to me. They often get horrible reviews from people who aren't aware of the fact that they need some tweaking once on the vehicle or aren't aware of how to do it. Let me take a few minutes to give you the skinny.

These doors are fantastically fun IF you have the right expectations. A door made from wire frame and fabric will never behave as a full steel factory door will. They will be noisier, they won't have equal weather seal, but they will be more fun! These are doors that you can install or remove in a minute. You can drive to the trailhead with them on, then toss them in the back. What a great option to have! Or you can run doorless daily and pop these on when there's rain in the forecast. With this type of convenience, you will naturally have a compromise somewhere. They will still keep most of the heat it, %99 of the weather out, and provide a controlled cabin.

There are several adjustments that can be made. There are 2 nuts behind a flap of fabric that can be loosened to cant the doors up or downward. There is some tolerance built into the latches for fine tuning. You WILL NEED to bend them, you will not break a weld in doing so, don't be shy. Stand between the open door and the Jeep. Grab the top front corner of the upper and pull down. Repeatedly. You want this to make contact with the windshield frame before the rest of the door; you want preload when it closes.
Pro Tip: leave the latch installed but loose. Shut the door. Tighten the latch where it naturally wants to sit.

Let me know if you have any questions or if I missed anything!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
I have a 2020 Jeep Gladiator with hard top and bought the FULL 2-PIECE FABRIC DOORS JEEP 2020-2021 GLADIATOR; JLSKU: 5175017. I installed the pair of front doors and at highway speeds the tops of both doors flap out from the frame of the jeep so there is an inch or more of light between the door and the frame. This makes a wide opening for rain as well as wind. It almost feels like the doors are going to flap right off the vehicle. Is your advice to bend the tops in meant to deal with my type of experience? thx Mark

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I have a 2020 Jeep Gladiator with hard top and bought the FULL 2-PIECE FABRIC DOORS JEEP 2020-2021 GLADIATOR; JLSKU: 5175017. I installed the pair of front doors and at highway speeds the tops of both doors flap out from the frame of the jeep so there is an inch or more of light between the door and the frame. This makes a wide opening for rain as well as wind. It almost feels like the doors are going to flap right off the vehicle. Is your advice to bend the tops in meant to deal with my type of experience? thx Mark
Hi Mark,
Yes, exactly. Please PM me with your contact info if you'd like a quick call to elaborate.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored