Sponsored

FREEZE451

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave | 2021 Grand Cherokee L
Curious as to what conditions folks actually get accumulation to the point it impairs the lights? I have lived in snow states with jeeps for most of my life, and never personally experienced the issue, including 2 winters with the Gladiator. I'm starting to think its an urban legend
Living through blizzards up North, I have literally gotten out of my vehicle on highways to clear them off because it filled with snow.

I even bought Auxiliary Halogen lights to have as it happened so often.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Are these ok to run year long in warmer climates, i.e. the South East?
Hi neighbor, we are in NOLA. Yes, they would be okay for year-round. The heating function automatically activates when the headlight is on and the ambient temperature approaches freezing.

Curious as to what conditions folks actually get accumulation to the point it impairs the lights? I have lived in snow states with jeeps for most of my life, and never personally experienced the issue, including 2 winters with the Gladiator. I'm starting to think its an urban legend
Maybe you are a lucky one! We've heard many accounts of people needing to pull over to clear snow and chip away ice to drive safely. Scary to think. It's a concern for many in freezing areas when they want to switch out lighting.

-Rachel

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Ive had it happen multiple times on all my wranglers, although I have been on highways when it has happened to me. It is more of the slushy snow that happens. Once it has happened in town but I would prefer to not have to deal with it.

Hell, even one of my Chevys I had to stop every 10 minutes to clear the lights the snow built up so bad and that was WITH halogens.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
This is a 9" direct-fit headlight. -Rachel
This is a big advantage for the Oracle headlights. I went with the Oculus for my JT because all the other aftermarket headlights were smaller and required a janky ring adapter. Too bad I didn't wait. Those heated examples would be nice here in Colorado.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Not for 591$ and change. I understand the process behind R&D I was in that process for awhile. Just seems kinda steep. Supply and demand I guess. Or is it just the fact it's new and it's for the Gladiator?
Better get ready to start forking over a lot of money for everything. Working in the logistics industry you all had better hope that what they say will possibly be repercussions actually doesn't head your way and end up staying. Cost of parts, shipping, etc may never go down to what it was before cause the cost of shipping will never go down. The movers and shakers will not let it go back down.

Sponsored

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Ive had it happen multiple times on all my wranglers, although I have been on highways when it has happened to me. It is more of the slushy snow that happens. Once it has happened in town but I would prefer to not have to deal with it.

Hell, even one of my Chevys I had to stop every 10 minutes to clear the lights the snow built up so bad and that was WITH halogens.
Yup one of the benefits of an LED light over Halogen is the fact that LEDs output way less heat than halogen bulbs, aka wasted energy.

But in the winter time, that output of heat can be a good thing.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Yup one of the benefits of an LED light over Halogen is the fact that LEDs output way less heat than halogen bulbs, aka wasted energy.

But in the winter time, that output of heat can be a good thing.
Exactly. However even with the extra heat I have had issues so, this is the way to go. I had heated LED's on my JK after a few years of not, and I can't go back to not having them in those shit snow storms. Might be rare, but I'd prefer to have them just in case. Kind of like a backup generator for my house: I rarely need it but when I do I will be happy to have it.

MoDean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2017 JK
If I were to upgrade from my existing Oculus headlights, would the same wiring work? I ran the halo wire to my fusebox.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
So I've not kept up with the what's what.
Is it a whole new all in one unit or an item you add to your current unit?
This is a whole unit! The heating element is integrated into the headlight.

If I were to upgrade from my existing Oculus headlights, would the same wiring work? I ran the halo wire to my fusebox.
You would uninstall all of your existing headlight work and reinstall with the new light using the same process.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
@ORACLElights - Any more pics of the lights on the test vehicle?
We just have those at the moment. There's a few beta sets out in the wild that should be senidng more photos our way sometime soon, and we can share those too.

-Rachel

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
You'll think urban legend when it happens to you. I've not had huge trouble, but twice, under certain conditions (usually freezing rain that turns to wet snow) I've had to stop and clear my headlights.
Central Iowa - our snow and ice varies wildly. Dry/cold snow isn't usually a problem but the wet heavy stuff or freezing rain can be.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Do these have a high beam? I assume not since it's not shown anywhere
It's a headlight - they'd have to have high beam or they're sort of worthless on the rural roads - at least they would be here.

Headlights have to have both low/standard and high beam capability.

Daniel_Pantoja

Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Electrician
It's a headlight - they'd have to have high beam or they're sort of worthless on the rural roads - at least they would be here.

Headlights have to have both low/standard and high beam capability.
I assumed the same. Just didn't see it listed or see it utilized in their promo video. Seemed odd.
Sponsored