Sponsored

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
Well what can I say... my Overlanding Gladiator completed a 4x4/jeep bucket list trip to the Rubicon Trail! My Daily Driver on 37s and the @Clayton Off Road Overland Plus 2.5in lift took on the trail. I went with heavily modified rigs and experienced drivers/spotters which was invaluable. On this first video you can hear/see the rock Tetris we had to play to navigate through the trail and it's obstacles. Plenty of obstacles to make you pucker! What a trip! The views and terrain are amazing in itself... Add the technical parts and obstacles and you can see why this trail measures up! The sheer amount of video/content this trail provides means I have to break the vids up into a series. Here's the 1st part:

Sponsored

Average-Joe

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport Altitude
Occupation
Manager
That trail is no joke. Hell yes!

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Very jealous. This is my bucket list trail. I am only an hour away from it. Currently I'm on 35s and am waiting for a lift and 37s before I tackle it. Maybe in a year or so. Great video by the way!

OP
OP
Matstock4

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
That trail is no joke. Hell yes!
A lot of work, but oh so fun!
Very jealous. This is my bucket list trail. I am only an hour away from it. Currently I'm on 35s and am waiting for a lift and 37s before I tackle it. Maybe in a year or so. Great video by the way!
Thanks!! It is worth the wait to make it happen. I've seen video of folks doing it with stock Rubicons, but that would be a ton of work and rock stacking... not to mention the stress. I will have to find a the vid of a crazy guy who literally did it the day after picking his JT up from the dealership with paper plates :CWL: :whew:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Matstock4

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you keep the front sway bar connected the whole time?
Disconnected and the rear lockers locked the entire time! I toggled the front lockers on and off when needing extra steering or traction.

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
Fuck it just do it.... already. You can do it. Just take the bypasses. Do it before jeep week if you want the challenge or right after if you wanna use their rock stand stacks.

OP
OP
Matstock4

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fuck it just do it.... already. You can do it. Just take the bypasses. Do it before jeep week if you want the challenge or right after if you wanna use their rock stand stacks.
Use their rock stands!? I love it! Too funny, but a good idea if you're concerned!

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
Use their rock stands!? I love it! Too funny, but a good idea if you're concerned!
After every big group there's almost always somebody who needs to stack rocks to help them over obstacles. Good bad indifferent they're there and make things easier if you want them.

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
I will have to find a the vid of a crazy guy who literally did it the day after picking his JT up from the dealership with paper plates :CWL: :whew:
Definitely want to see this. Definitely a run I want to do some day. I have no plans for a big lift and tires as in I'll probably put 35s on when I wear out the stock MTs, but would like to see someone else do it first. lol

Sponsored

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
Definitely want to see this. Definitely a run I want to do some day. I have no plans for a big lift and tires as in I'll probably put 35s on when I wear out the stock MTs, but would like to see someone else do it first. lol
lol I did it with paper plates on my way home from TN lol. I also did Moab and Windrock. It is what it is. gotta have fun

OP
OP
Matstock4

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally found it! Enjoy:

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
That’s an awesome trip…and didn’t even need 37’s!!!