First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
Do you feel as though the glady is more comfy after the install or just more refined?
Both. The Katzkins seemed to make the seats slightly more firm. The interior was a sea of black and there wasn't much to see except the igloo roof. The blue seat stitching matches the blue in the head liners perfectly and the black on the roof makes for less glare. I'm not sure how much less sound is in the cab or how the panels will help with heat. I only have 600 miles on my Jeep. I also adjusted the background on my display to have more blue.

My dad looked at me weird when I told him I was going to spray paint the inside of the roof on my new Jeep, but he saw it today and liked it over the igloo echo chamber.

Last edited:

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
Great upgrade. I am going to begin working on interior stuff soon, just having a hard time deciding what I want to do. If I could do it I would a/c the seats, the FLA sun demands it.

OP
OP
The Crusader

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
Great upgrade. I am going to begin working on interior stuff soon, just having a hard time deciding what I want to do. If I could do it I would a/c the seats, the FLA sun demands it.
I think Katzkins can A/C your seats. It just requires perforated leather. I was worried about the durability of perforated leather with the top off in Texas, so I just went with a lighter color seating surface. I'd hate to pay for Katzkins if I already had leather, but that's why I went with the cloth. My backseat passengers will just have to do without a fold down armrest/drink holder.

Sponsored

OP
OP
The Crusader

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
My son took my Jeep to get the bed Line-Xed today. The lady at the liner place fell in love with my interior. My son said that she went on and on about it. Now he has taken his girlfriend to the movies in my Jeep. I like Uconnect.

flipmode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland
Do you have any pics of panting the back piece of the hardtop? Specifically what you took off and masked around the back glass? thanks!

OP
OP
The Crusader

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
Do you have any pics of panting the back piece of the hardtop? Specifically what you took off and masked around the back glass? thanks!
I don't have any pictures, but if it was black we masked it up to the edge to make sure we didn't cover white. We didn't want to leave any white showing around the windows and outside black paint edges.

flipmode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland
I don't have any pictures, but if it was black we masked it up to the edge to make sure we didn't cover white. We didn't want to leave any white showing around the windows and outside black paint edges.
Did that black trim above the glass pop off/reinstall pretty easily. I'm always paranoid about botching those plastic clips I cant see behind panels.

OP
OP
The Crusader

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
Did that black trim above the glass pop off/reinstall pretty easily. I'm always paranoid about botching those plastic clips I cant see behind panels.
My buddy was painting while I was making the headliner panels. I'm pretty sure we just masked the window and painted everything to make it all the same shade and glossiness of black. I didn't notice a difference and I think it's just the exact paint to match the panel. The pattern in the roof came out really cool. The pattern breaks the light up enough to knock the gloss down some. I didn't want to sand the roof and ruin the sharpness of the patterns. We cleaned thoroughly with alcohol before painting. So far so good.

I've done 80 on the highway with the windows down and the panels have held well. I haven't done it for very long. I want to give it a couple of more weeks.

Sponsored

flipmode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland
My buddy was painting while I was making the headliner panels. I'm pretty sure we just masked the window and painted everything to make it all the same shade and glossiness of black. I didn't notice a difference and I think it's just the exact paint to match the panel. The pattern in the roof came out really cool. The pattern breaks the light up enough to knock the gloss down some. I didn't want to sand the roof and ruin the sharpness of the patterns. We cleaned thoroughly with alcohol before painting. So far so good.

I've done 80 on the highway with the windows down and the panels have held well. I haven't done it for very long. I want to give it a couple of more weeks.
Nice thanks, looks good!

Mojave chad

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
CT Tech
Yesterday, I had my Katzkins installed. They are black and gray with blue stitching. Today I painted the interior of the top black with Krylon Fusion satin. I cut 3/4" insulation panels to match the recessed areas in the roof and freedom panels and glued the fabric of my choice to them using Gorilla Glue. I put insulation tape in the recessed areas under the panels and attached the panels to the roof using velcro tape. Materials for the roof cost me about $150 and it took me about 5-6 hours to paint, make the panels, and install them. Let me know what you think.

20220403_172445.jpg
20220403_172506.jpg
How much were the seat covers?

OP
OP
The Crusader

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
How much were the seat covers?
I paid $1895. I ordered the 2 tone with blue stitching from Katzkins directly for $1995-$100 for a veteran's discount. I found out that the installer would have sold them to me for $1600 if I had ordered directly from them.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Love the creativity! Works well and has a nice flow to it. I used to do Kustoms.. Did a bamboo headliner in my 51 chevy truck.

Yesterday, I had my Katzkins installed. They are black and gray with blue stitching. Today I painted the interior of the top black with Krylon Fusion satin. I cut 3/4" insulation panels to match the recessed areas in the roof and freedom panels and glued the fabric of my choice to them using Gorilla Glue. I put insulation tape in the recessed areas under the panels and attached the panels to the roof using velcro tape. Materials for the roof cost me about $150 and it took me about 5-6 hours to paint, make the panels, and install them. Let me know what you think.

20220403_172445.jpg
20220403_172506.jpg
headliner1.jpg

headliner.jpg
Sponsored