First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD Stingray
Occupation
Facility Planner
Do you have any pics of panting the back piece of the hardtop? Specifically what you took off and masked around the back glass? thanks!
I left the trim on and masked with painter paper and tape
Jeep Gladiator Katzkin interior, painted top, and custom headliners C1302A0E-6C10-44B8-A6A1-27BFFC85E9EB
Jeep Gladiator Katzkin interior, painted top, and custom headliners 57AE365B-31AB-4A7E-B9CE-0CF8533FE6CB
Sponsored

OP
OP
The Crusader

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
I color matched mine to the blue exterior and I love it!
The interior? I'd like to see that. I considered a gray roof paint, but was worried about too many shades of gray.

OP
OP
The Crusader

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
Love the creativity! Works well and has a nice flow to it. I used to do Kustoms.. Did a bamboo headliner in my 51 chevy truck.

headliner1.jpg

headliner.jpg
I like the bamboo. If the Jeep weren't gray I was considering a brown burlap roof.

I bought some 14x20 travel pillows and black pillow cases. I stuff them in between the back roll cage and the roof corners. They are invisible, help cut noise, and passengers can use them to sleep on the road.

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Crusader

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
I left the trim on and masked with painter paper and tape
C1302A0E-6C10-44B8-A6A1-27BFFC85E9EB.jpeg
57AE365B-31AB-4A7E-B9CE-0CF8533FE6CB.jpeg
I was hoping for pictures of what others are doing. It looks nice. What is the roof material?

Nevermind, I zoomed in and saw the vinyl.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I had a phase when I built these old cars where I loved to mix different materials.
Wood, leather, steel, etc to make them more interesting.
Dash on that old truck was signed by Jimbo from Reverend Horton Heat.

I like the bamboo. If the Jeep weren't gray I was considering a brown burlap roof.

I bought some 14x20 travel pillows and black pillow cases. I stuff them in between the back roll cage and the roof corners. They are invisible, help cut noise, and passengers can use them to sleep on the road.

Sponsored

raypla

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD Stingray
Occupation
Facility Planner
I have enough board left to make another pair of front panels. Was thinking something like this…
Jeep Gladiator Katzkin interior, painted top, and custom headliners F8CD8E91-DCAD-48C7-BB61-75A9448E5097

OP
OP
The Crusader

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
I had a minor setback on my headliners. The rear of the rear panels came loose from the roof. I removed the velcro tape, sprayed in lots of Gorilla Glue, and held the panels in place for 20 minutes until the glue cured somewhat. 24 hours later and so far so good. I left pillows stuffed between the rear panels and the roll bar to keep constant pressure on them for a few days. The middle of the ceiling is unsupported and still holding. I kind of worry about the velcro and the glue in Texas heat. Parked with the top on and the interior can get pretty hot.

OP
OP
The Crusader

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
I found a way to maintain pressure on the rear ceiling panels for a few days to allow the glue to fully cure. I put a 1x2 across the top of the rear of the roll cage. Under the rear of the panels, I stuffed pillows between the 1x2 and the insulation panels to keep upward pressure on the panels for a few days. It seems to have worked. Any piece of spare 1x or a broom handle will work. The pillow on the roll bar helped the outside edges, but putting a board across allowed me to put pillows across the whole rear to hold the whole thing in place.
Sponsored