“Service Shifter” Message

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
I have noticed a “Service Shifter” message on my JT a couple of times. I’ve noticed it mostly when I’m turning right. It pops on for a few seconds and turns off. I’ve read a couple of JL threads and Grand Cherokee threads. Looks like it is a common problem, but I haven’t seen many in the JT forum. Has anyone had this issue? Maybe it’s just lose wiring? I had the dealer look at it and they said they could not find any issues. I will have them check the wiring when I go in for the TSB.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheHime

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
Bump

ScottLars

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTSSD Granite Crystal Metallic (Korg)
Occupation
Engineer
I've gotten this message a couple times in the past few days and the CEL comes on. It's been cold and snowy here. I can clear the CEL with JSCAN but don't real know what triggered it.

gotswap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Very common on jeeps, same issue on our Cherokee TH. Take it in and it will either require a flash or a new shifter harness. Would think they would have solved this by now

OP
OP
TheHime

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
I've gotten this message a couple times in the past few days and the CEL comes on. It's been cold and snowy here. I can clear the CEL with JSCAN but don't real know what triggered it.
Mine happened to be the PCM causing the issue. You may want to keep the CEL so you can take it to the dealership and have them run the code. It should be covered under warranty.

Sponsored

ScottLars

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTSSD Granite Crystal Metallic (Korg)
Occupation
Engineer
Mine happened to be the PCM causing the issue. You may want to keep the CEL so you can take it to the dealership and have them run the code. It should be covered under warranty.
A little hesitant to take it to dealer as I have made some changes with JSCAN for LED light settings. Afraid they would see this and try to "void they warranty".
If the problem persists I won't have much choice.

OP
OP
TheHime

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
A little hesitant to take it to dealer as I have made some changes with JSCAN for LED light settings. Afraid they would see this and try to "void they warranty".
If the problem persists I won't have much choice.
Gotcha. I read some dealers don’t care. I guess you can check with them before you go in or unpair it. Not sure how it would affect your LEDs if you unpair it.
Sponsored