First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Blue Overland - Prev, 2014 Polar JKU
Occupation
contract manager
I picked up this lift about 2 weeks ago, along with some mopar 2" lift LCA's. I installed a spacer lift on my JK so this seems like something I I should be able to tackle though I am debating utilizing a local offroad shop to do it as well. I've been search threads as I just a couple questions but don't see much on this lift.
2023 Overland. From NY and so, don't get to off-road as much as I would like to but I daydream watching videos of like Utah trips. The point is, I'm mostly on-road the majority of the time
Lift would be installed by myself on a set of 6k jack stands

1. Anyone here install the lift and if so, any tips that may not be in the instructions? I thought I read in some thread that the driveshaft may not need to be unbolted. Anything else I should know.
2. LCA, Should I install them before doing the lift?
2a. If I do this one weekend and the lift another, will that seriously mess anything up.
3. Only front has the shock extension brackets. Are the rear shocks longer than the front? Why wouldnt the rear require an extension. I like stock ride but have debated B5100 shocks if its a major improvement all around. plus wouldnt need to drill for extension.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

cberges77

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
operations
I just installed the Skyjacker 2.5" spacer lift on mine with LCA relocation brackets.
No need to unbolt the front driveshaft and I installed the brackets at the same time.
The rear is 1" and did not come with shock extension brackets
The 6 ton jackstands will work just fine but you'll need to have them extended a good bit in order to lower the axles

Stitchedupseats

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
I would do it all at one time. Too many overlapping steps to do it separately. Definitely will need jack stands as high as you can get. You may need a ratchet strap to pull axle to line up bolt holes. Sometimes things shift while doing it on the ground.
For sure can do it with basic tools and by yourself.

34E16BC1-4B61-47B1-802C-7BB45799FC63.jpeg

D87C7D4E-E252-4129-9BD5-475765CB9CEC.jpeg

OP
OP
WanderingJ

WanderingJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
contract manager
Thanks for the input all. I'm going to tackle this install this weekend. Will be nice working on a new jeep/vehicle, that isn't all rusty underneath and a few years old.. Did you remove the rear calipers and speed senor. Doesn't add much time but I didn't see this mentioned in other spacer lifts like teraflex.

OP
OP
WanderingJ

WanderingJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
contract manager
So, any one got ideas. I'm stuck in middle of lift install. 5 hours now and still on front end. Now the front shifted driver and I can't get it back to get passenger shock in the extension. I'm starting to regret tackling this.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WanderingJ

WanderingJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
contract manager
SO, I just wanted to update this. Did the install. Wish I paid someone. I dont know why, but the shock extensions, couldnt get the supplied bolts through. Had to drill out a little. Then axle shifted driver and couldnt pull it back passenger. I had driver shock installed, no way to get passenger. Eventually got it by installing shock extension on the shock first and then working it on to the lower shock bracket. Once I was able to get her on the ground, some bouncing and a short drive back and forth on drive way got it to all align. This ended up a two day project, 6 hr the first and maybe 4-5 the next. I mostly was doing it by myself with the help of my dad from time to time. I enjoy doing things myself but now fully regret the choice this time. I have a local shop thats known for doing great installs and planned on using them, but nah, lets save some $$. Alignment happens Thursday but I know something isnt right. there's a clunking sound when hitting bumps. I think driver front. Im thinking something isnt torqued right. probably control arm. might still bring to the offroad shop for them to do a once over. and tell me where I screwed up. II plan on loosening and retorquing the arms and end links, as well as grab an front adjustable track bar as well. monday, I was sore. getting old sucks

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Sport s
Occupation
oil gas
Did you swap front and rear sway bar end links. the ones in kit are designed for rear. They are 10 inches eye lit to eye lit. and you take factory rears which are around 11.5 and install on front.
I just had kit installed with same issue. and also tire rubbing too due to sway bar links.

OP
OP
WanderingJ

WanderingJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
contract manager
I had a local shop do my alignment/LCA and they cleared up my clunking noise. I didnt think you had to switch these around. They have you install their end links before doing the rear. I may now look into a new track bar. Im only very slightly off-center but still within acceptable range.
Sponsored