First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Emergency Operator
I have been researching a lot of winch plates. Some only bolt up to the inside of the frame rail where the re-enforcement brackets mount and others mount to the same location and then also bolt up to where the skid plate plate brackets mount. I guess technically it would be 4 or 6 point mount winch plate to include mounting on the bumper brackets. I'm guessing if you don't winch all that much just 4 mounting points would be adequate? The Rusty's and Artec mount in 4 points and look like good choices as does the Rugged Ridge mount which mounts at 6 points. Opinions/facts?
Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Mounting to the front frame horns in addition to the frame rails is the only recipe I felt comfortable with. I didn't dig the plate that came with my bumper and I put the Maximus-3 unit in its place. Thicker, but more concise, and well connected. Not expensive, either.

https://www.rubitrux.com/maximus-3-...-steel-bumper-group-winch-mount-jl1012wo.html

I have been researching a lot of winch plates. Some only bolt up to the inside of the frame rail where the re-enforcement brackets mount and others mount to the same location and then also bolt up to where the skid plate plate brackets mount. I guess technically it would be 4 or 6 point mount winch plate to include mounting on the bumper brackets. I'm guessing if you don't winch all that much just 4 mounting points would be adequate? The Rusty's and Artec mount in 4 points and look like good choices as does the Rugged Ridge mount which mounts at 6 points. Opinions/facts?