Skyler7381

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite LE
Wtf, you bought one today? Off a lot?
Not to speak for him but I remember him saying a local dealer had some coming in so he bought it or put a down payment on it before it got to the dealer. But basically bought it off the lot.
Sponsored

Boy Toy's Toy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Jeep GC Overland, 2010 Dodge Charger R/T, 1999 Jeep GC Laredo, Boeing F/A-18E Super Hornet
Not to speak for him but I remember him saying a local dealer had some coming in so he bought it or put a down payment on it before it got to the dealer. But basically bought it off the lot.
Exactly. I initially went in to order an LE but decided against it once I was told it could be August before it gets here. My dealer said they had three pre specs coming in, one black rubi was already taken which was going to be the first one in the area. Somehow mine showed up three weeks early and before the black rubi, making mine the first in the Hampton Roads area.

I had some difficulty at the dealer though, took over four hours to sort things out with insurance, my bank and the dmv since it is a brand new car and is in no ones systems yet. There is no title yet either, just a MFO (?) saying that Jeep made it. The title will be done in about a month, which obviously the bank doesn’t like. And insurance didn’t have any information on it so it was hard to get a quote. For everyone’s SA, I used Navy Federal Credit Union, USAA car insurance and the Virginia DMV. All parties tried to make it as smooth as possible, but still took a while. Just wanted to give y’all a heads up in case anyone runs into that issue as well.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Exactly. I initially went in to order an LE but decided against it once I was told it could be August before it gets here. My dealer said they had three pre specs coming in, one black rubi was already taken which was going to be the first one in the area. Somehow mine showed up three weeks early and before the black rubi, making mine the first in the Hampton Roads area.

I had some difficulty at the dealer though, took over four hours to sort things out with insurance, my bank and the dmv since it is a brand new car and is in no ones systems yet. There is no title yet either, just a MFO (?) saying that Jeep made it. The title will be done in about a month, which obviously the bank doesn’t like. And insurance didn’t have any information on it so it was hard to get a quote. For everyone’s SA, I used Navy Federal Credit Union, USAA car insurance and the Virginia DMV. All parties tried to make it as smooth as possible, but still took a while. Just wanted to give y’all a heads up in case anyone runs into that issue as well.
Go to Home Depot!! Get some plywood!!

Boy Toy's Toy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Jeep GC Overland, 2010 Dodge Charger R/T, 1999 Jeep GC Laredo, Boeing F/A-18E Super Hornet
Go to Home Depot!! Get some plywood!!
First off, I’m a Lowe’s guy, but I’ll try later! Have to go work and then get ready for a little road trip tomorrow.... first to 1,000 miles? Or first to get stuck off road?

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Remember all you photo lovers out there, first 4x8 sheet photo wins prize one on my thread and kicks off @BlckJTs fun idea here! Get your   :camera::camera::camera:
ready!

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Sorry to hear about all the headaches. Sounds like it was a big, time consuming pain in the rear end. But just remember what Steffen707 said. Road trip can wait for a quick trip to Lowes for a fast plywood picture. Then you can tell everyone about the results. Lots of people here are waiting for that picture of just one sheet of plywood in the bed. Nike, just do it. And again congrats on your purchase, sweet looking ride.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear about all the headaches. Sounds like it was a big, time consuming pain in the rear end. But just remember what Steffen707 said. Road trip can wait for a quick trip to Lowes for a fast plywood picture. Then you can tell everyone about the results. Lots of people here are waiting for that picture of just one sheet of plywood in the bed. Nike, just do it. And again congrats on your purchase, sweet looking ride.
Seriously! I would have been to Lowe’s and Home Depot already! Twice!

OP
OP
BlckJT

BlckJT

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC Altitude -=BlckWK2=-

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
It’s at least 4”x8”! Does the contest specifically speak to 4’x8’? @5JeepsAz ?? Rules committee!!

E76DFDED-893D-4DB6-8E7D-DDC19338CBF8.jpeg
I would give you a 9.14 for quick thinking, but 4. 19 for following the rules. Lol wait this is @BlckJTs thread, whoops!

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
It’s at least 4”x8”! Does the contest specifically speak to 4’x8’? @5JeepsAz ?? Rules committee!!

E76DFDED-893D-4DB6-8E7D-DDC19338CBF8.jpeg
I'm so with you brother. King Plywood over there kicked me outta the contest cause my original Kaiser-Willys Jeep pickup isn't new enough! That is soooo AMC takeover. What, cause I don't have ESS? And then he outlawed the rules committee!!! I mean, I like the King, on a personal level he's authentic Plywood. He's been really good about sharing thoughts and opinions. And I get it's difficult managing fluid situations like Plywood Nation. But damn, he's stubborn!!! Anyways, really liked your plywood photo. Looking forward to seeing it on your LE. On that day the King shall be giving out an award, I can pernally say that for sure!

gettyimages-141559317-594x594.jpg
Sponsored