Sponsored

2020 Jeep Gladiator needs a new engine !!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
It's worked out well for us on the JKU. Just know what covered and what's not. We only purchased extended for the powertrain on the JKU. So if anything not powertrain breaks, it's out of pocket. But I knew that going in.
And that's where the real work and real money is if something does go wrong - engines and transmissions used to be commodity items. Any pick n pull had what you needed.
These days it's a bit different.
Sponsored

OP
OP

mflint645

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
So my jeep has 77,000 miles on it and will be 2 years old next month, I dropped it off because of a small ticking noise and they say I need a new engine !! the warranty on the 2020 is 5 years 60,000, this is infuriating
Update- Chrysler has agreed to replace the engine , I just need to pay 2500, not a bad deal after all

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Update- Chrysler has agreed to replace the engine , I just need to pay 2500, not a bad deal after all
Real good deal, especially out of warranty. Can tell u a new motor would've cost $8-10k pending on labor rates. If there's any metal flakes/shards in the oil, the dealer will flat out say new motor needed. Just went thru this on a 2020 with 13k miles, damages may have been partially my fault. For future reference, tranny will be $3-5k.