Sponsored

2020 Launch edition, Trailer Running Lights Have never worked since new.

M.DiVs

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
Owner@AestheticHomes, Owner@AspectOverland
Hey guys seeking some insight on the issue I’ve had since the truck was new. Factory tow package, trailer works fine connected to any other vehicle (7-pin) however when hooked to my launch edition gladiator, everything works but the running lights. I have checked all fuses removed,inspected, and reinstalled. Even swapped them to new replacements thinking I may be loosing my beloved perfect vision at the age of 31…no luck. It’s been to the dealership, back when I first purchased it a week or two after getting it home. Had to have the aux battery replaced, and they did a software update at that time. They told me they checked out the trailer harness and it’s good to go. Said it could have been the computer or aux battery causing problems. Issue is still there. Trailer is fine, that I know for sure. Works perfect connected to my other vehicles.no other problems since the aux battery replacement. I’m stumped. Could this be a software or dealer feature issue? Or am I just missing something super silly? Any help is appreciated
Sponsored

TimC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator , 2021 Wrangler
Occupation
Telecom
Not familiar what Jeep does for a ground. Years ago I had a Ford truck where ford thought the hitch itself would make a good ground between the tow vehicle and trailer. I put a jumper cable between the two vehicles and the trailer lights popped on. Just a thought.

CA670E6A-E123-486F-A05B-EA765296D527.jpeg

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Years ago, bought a 7 pin connector tester and kept it in my trailering kit. Save me more than a few times from chasing my tail on trailer hookups especially with new to me trailers rented or borrowed.

99% of the time, any issues I had were with the trailer side wiring and not the vehicle.

https://www.amazon.com/CURT-58270-Vehicle-Socket-Trailer/dp/B001EOWQY4

Last edited:

ElDirector

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
As above, I'd start by checking the ground (#1 in the image). Check continuity between the plug #1 on the JT and a known good ground on the JT (like the frame). Also check the same on the trailer (the mirror-image for #1) and a known good ground on the trailer (maybe its frame).

I'd lay odds that one or both have a disconnected or missing ground wire. It works on the other vehicles by grounding through the hitch. Your new JT has too many freshly painted parts to ground.
Sponsored