Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Just to confirm - It looks like the LED lighting group is not an option on the 80th Anniversary or the Sport S. Is that correct? I thought I read somewhere it would be an option for these trim levels.
I started to add the LED stuff yesterday after the press release, but decided to wait for the actual 2021 Order Guide to be updated so I can be sure on every model's new details and make sure the pricing is accurate. It *sounds like* everything except for Sport (base) and Willys Sport will now have the option for LED... hopefully we'll have confirmation later this week.

When I had my dealer run numbers for the Willys at the beginning of August, LED wasn't an option... so I won't presume it can be ordered until it's on the order sheet. Elsewhere someone already confirmed that you can't order Sarge Green yet either.
Sponsored

staros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC
Hi:

Thanks for your efforts.

I was using the Overland sheet the other day. There is a discrepancy - the safety group, AJ1, is included in the build. You have the advanced safety group included.

That is a separate package. I confirmed it with the order guide.

Regards,
Steve

OP
OP
eternus

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Hi:

Thanks for your efforts.

I was using the Overland sheet the other day. There is a discrepancy - the safety group, AJ1, is included in the build. You have the advanced safety group included.

That is a separate package. I confirmed it with the order guide.

Regards,
Steve
Thanks for the heads up Steve. I presume you were building a High Altitude? From what I see, the base Overland includes neither of the packages, whereas the High Altitude should come with the Safety but not Advanced Safety. I've fixed High Altitude sheet.

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Gladiator Pricing Worksheet - Google Sheets Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 6.55.05 AM
Jeep Gladiator 2021 Gladiator Pricing Worksheet - Google Sheets Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 6.54.33 AM

Thanks!

staros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC
Thanks for the heads up Steve. I presume you were building a High Altitude? From what I see, the base Overland includes neither of the packages, whereas the High Altitude should come with the Safety but not Advanced Safety. I've fixed High Altitude sheet.

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Gladiator Pricing Worksheet - Google Sheets Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 6.54.33 AM

Thanks!
Yes, I did mean the High Altitude. My bad. I have been doing a lot of comparisons and got confused.

Again, thanks for your work.

Steve

OP
OP
eternus

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Yes, I did mean the High Altitude. My bad. I have been doing a lot of comparisons and got confused.

Again, thanks for your work.

Steve
Lol, man... I'm right there with you. I'm so glad to be on the other side of planning the truck purchase and so ready to be on the driving side of it.

Regarding the sheet, it won't help you much but I'm working on a 4 page version, one for Sport, Overland, Rubicon and Mojave, then you pick the model at the top... but I won't have that working before you buy your truck.

Sponsored

staros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC
Lol, man... I'm right there with you. I'm so glad to be on the other side of planning the truck purchase and so ready to be on the driving side of it.

Regarding the sheet, it won't help you much but I'm working on a 4 page version, one for Sport, Overland, Rubicon and Mojave, then you pick the model at the top... but I won't have that working before you buy your truck.
What you have done is really good. I am still evaluating all the options and trying to find a dealer. Not in a hurry, just looking for the right price.

Found one that has all the options on my list on its way to a dealer but they will not negotiate the price.
Not even on their lot yet, someone is willing to buy, they will have no expenses but will not deal.

Their loss.

I am willing to help you review your new work.

Be well. Be safe.

Steve

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
I started to add the LED stuff yesterday after the press release, but decided to wait for the actual 2021 Order Guide to be updated so I can be sure on every model's new details and make sure the pricing is accurate. It *sounds like* everything except for Sport (base) and Willys Sport will now have the option for LED... hopefully we'll have confirmation later this week.

When I had my dealer run numbers for the Willys at the beginning of August, LED wasn't an option... so I won't presume it can be ordered until it's on the order sheet. Elsewhere someone already confirmed that you can't order Sarge Green yet either.
The 2021 build and price is now up at Jeep's site but doesn't have option for LED on Sport S, I guess it's entirely possible that site doesn't allow for some detailed builds?

OP
OP
eternus

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
The 2021 build and price is now up at Jeep's site but doesn't have option for LED on Sport S, I guess it's entirely possible that site doesn't allow for some detailed builds?
Hopefully that means we'll get our hands on an official order sheet for September soon. The jeep.com builder always seems to be slightly off kilter... so I use it for sanity checking, but that's all.

It also appears to be charging for the Alpine audio system when you have the 8.4" Radio + Premium selected. Also... the mockup version it shows looks kinda crappy, Sting-Gray is even more inaccurate looking than before.

Last edited:

Gruffid

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L; 2021 JTR EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
When I was comparing the Jeep configurator results to the excel spreadsheet, I noticed some discrepancies while configuring a 2021 Gladiator Rubicon:

1. The Adaptive Cruise Control was not on the spreadsheet ($795 MSRP).
2. The safety group is not on the configurator, and isn't even mentioned in the description for the Active Safety Group.
3. The 8.4-Inch Radio and Premium Audio Group on the Jeep website automatically selects the Alpine Premium Audio system, but it also still charges $1,295 for it, but the Uconnect® 4C NAV with 8.4-Inch Display is selected, and not charged extra.
4. The Remote Start System is automatically selected with the Cold Weather Group, and the Jeep website charges you $495 for the Remote Start System, even though it is included with the Cold Weather Group.

Item 1 increases the price on the excel spreadsheet by $795 (MSRP).

Item 2 seems to not be a factor on the jeep website, and if it is not a selectable option, then it should reduce the price on the spreadsheet by $895 (MSRP)

Items 3 and 4 should collectively reduce the price on the website by $1790.

The names of the options are not the same between the Jeep configurator website and the spreadsheet. Perhaps by standardizing between those two, it would make selecting correct options easier.

OP
OP
eternus

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
When I was comparing the Jeep configurator results to the excel spreadsheet, I noticed some discrepancies while configuring a 2021 Gladiator Rubicon:

1. The Adaptive Cruise Control was not on the spreadsheet ($795 MSRP).
2. The safety group is not on the configurator, and isn't even mentioned in the description for the Active Safety Group.
3. The 8.4-Inch Radio and Premium Audio Group on the Jeep website automatically selects the Alpine Premium Audio system, but it also still charges $1,295 for it, but the Uconnect® 4C NAV with 8.4-Inch Display is selected, and not charged extra.
4. The Remote Start System is automatically selected with the Cold Weather Group, and the Jeep website charges you $495 for the Remote Start System, even though it is included with the Cold Weather Group.

Item 1 increases the price on the excel spreadsheet by $795 (MSRP).

Item 2 seems to not be a factor on the jeep website, and if it is not a selectable option, then it should reduce the price on the spreadsheet by $895 (MSRP)

Items 3 and 4 should collectively reduce the price on the website by $1790.

The names of the options are not the same between the Jeep configurator website and the spreadsheet. Perhaps by standardizing between those two, it would make selecting correct options easier.
Adaptive Cruise Control is called Advanced Safety Group on the order sheet, so it gets that name. When you choose that option, the price is right.

The Jeep.com configurator is all kinds of busted and unreliable. I don't make any edits based on what's there, my edits are all based on the Order Guide that comes out at the beginning of the month. BTW it isn't out yet for September... so everything I have right now is based on the August orders. The logic and pricing all works based on that sheet.

Sponsored

leftyGriffin

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ-8
Occupation
Engineer
First off, thanks so much for putting this together. Second, I may have noticed an issue or I misunderstand. I'm configuring a Sport and have 'Popular Equipment' and 'Dual Top Group'. Based on the order guide, should the dual top group not be discounted when popular equipment is selected? It looks like you handle this properly with other options, so maybe I am mistaken.

Thanks,
leftyGriffin

OP
OP
eternus

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
First off, thanks so much for putting this together. Second, I may have noticed an issue or I misunderstand. I'm configuring a Sport and have 'Popular Equipment' and 'Dual Top Group'. Based on the order guide, should the dual top group not be discounted when popular equipment is selected? It looks like you handle this properly with other options, so maybe I am mistaken.

Thanks,
leftyGriffin
Great Catch! Not sure how I missed it, but yes if the Popular Equipment Package is selected it drops the price for the Dual Top group. I've fixed it for the Sport S sheet... none of the other Sport S based models have Popular Equipment, so that should be all fixed.

agloom

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubicon; A4
This has been a very helpful tool when negotiating with my local dealer.
One thing I did confirm with the dealer is the MSRP of the Remote Proximity Key for all editions is now $545, up $50 from last year and what this current worksheet has.
Not sure on the invoice price.

Thank you for all the efforts.

staros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC
This has been a very helpful tool when negotiating with my local dealer.
One thing I did confirm with the dealer is the MSRP of the Remote Proximity Key for all editions is now $545, up $50 from last year and what this current worksheet has.
Not sure on the invoice price.

Thank you for all the efforts.
I have found a $50 MSRP is about $45 invoice price.

A quick way to calculate the difference.

Regards,
Steve

OP
OP
eternus

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Thanks, fixed... it was $490 invoice, $545 msrp.
Sponsored