Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Got a small first aid kit and molle pouch (filled it with small hand tools/Leatherman, etc.) mounted to the panels of the Smittybilt seat cover. Had hopes of getting a few things out from under the backseat, but anything sticking out further than about 3" is going to interfere with backseat passengers that aren't short. May take some rearranging; but I'm more limited in storing things behind the seats than I thought I'd be.
Jeep Gladiator 2021 Sarge Green Willys mostly stock "build" fPJ6J6T

Edited for better picture without the sun blaring in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Got a few things for Prime day. Starting with rain deflector visors.
oW1i6Ge.jpg

0G1BOku.jpg

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Also got a trailer hitch skid plate. Really happy with it and with the break over on these it will be very handy off road. I’d have left it on permanently but it confused the backup camera.

4BB09FF0-40E9-447E-99B0-6A42AEB85B19.jpeg

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Not much of an update but the sun sped up my removal of the Jeep overlay stickers by fading them out terribly. Should have taken a before pic but I could barely stand to look at them anymore. Much happier with it back to black.
lYiFmqP.jpg

Have some various undercarriage body armor on order and in carts and will post them up when I get them/install them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
It's great. There is a tiny piece of weatherstripping that's starting to peel and I know that's going to get worse not better. But that's an install issue; no reflection on the BAK product. I'm not sure there's a cover on the market I'd trade it for even if money wasn't a factor. It's a really great cover.

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
I’d purchased a Coverking headliner a few weeks back but it shipped with no 3M tape and the product looked like trash. So I returned it and ponied up for a set of Hotheads. Glad I did. The quality was night and day difference, though I can’t be sure what all was missing from the box of the Coverking.

Installed Hotheads headliner and sound assassin strips after work today. Took about 2 hours taking my time. Install was pretty straightforward. Will update any noise and heat difference after I see in the next few days.

2C033316-EA90-46D2-8288-514C62E04F65.jpeg

D5A7DA74-968D-45B3-B03C-B81A075596AA.jpeg

0E26759B-CB1E-4697-A686-81FECD71AEDE.jpeg

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
I’d purchased a Coverking headliner a few weeks back but it shipped with no 3M tape and the product looked like trash. So I returned it and ponied up for a set of Hotheads. Glad I did. The quality was night and day difference, though I can’t be sure what all was missing from the box of the Coverking.

Installed Hotheads headliner and sound assassin strips after work today. Took about 2 hours taking my time. Install was pretty straightforward. Will update any noise and heat difference after I see in the next few days.

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Sarge Green Willys mostly stock "build" 0E26759B-CB1E-4697-A686-81FECD71AEDE

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Sarge Green Willys mostly stock "build" 0E26759B-CB1E-4697-A686-81FECD71AEDE

My JTR came with the OEM headliner. Wasn't on my wish list. It just happened to have it. I didn't have a headliner on either of my 2 prior hardtop Wranglers. The headliner does make the hardtop noticeably quieter, and it does seem to stay cooler longer in our (Africa hot) TX summers.

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Good to hear! I didn’t figure so many people bought these if they didn’t work but some mods out there are underwhelming for the money. The rest of this week is supposed to be in the 90’s and should give me a good idea. And I’ll blast some music on my way home from work too.

Just some underside skids and rock lights to go, and I’ll be done for a while adding stuff to the Jeep.

Sponsored

Wallabee

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester
Occupation
Writer
Good to hear! I didn’t figure so many people bought these if they didn’t work but some mods out there are underwhelming for the money. The rest of this week is supposed to be in the 90’s and should give me a good idea. And I’ll blast some music on my way home from work too.

Just some underside skids and rock lights to go, and I’ll be done for a while adding stuff to the Jeep.
Looking forward to hearing how the sound assassin works out for you!

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Well, I have nothing to compare it to except the truck before using them but my short ride to work wasn't noticeably quieter; but I wasn't expecting it to suddenly be a silent truck with mud tires or anything. Flipping around the dial Under Pressure came on during my drive and I turned it up. Since that's a song with a lot of body, figured it would be an okay choice. And I *think* it sounded better, but it's so hard to quantify because I thought the stock system (got the premium Alpine) sounded pretty good. I know people harp on it, but my only disappointment has been the max volume. Disclaimer: I shoot for a hobby and went to a lot of loud concerts when I was younger so my ears are far from finely tuned instruments for subtleties of sound. The real test will be when I get in it after work today -it's pushing 90 already and I have a good feel for how the truck usually feels when getting in after a hot day.

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Truck was noticeably cooler and the AC worked right away with the Hotheads installed. And I have nothing to measure it by, but I feel sure that music sounds better. Very happy with my purchase, even though I have feeling now that I got them they'll go on sale any day now!

Wallabee

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester
Occupation
Writer
Truck was noticeably cooler and the AC worked right away with the Hotheads installed. And I have nothing to measure it by, but I feel sure that music sounds better. Very happy with my purchase, even though I have feeling now that I got them they'll go on sale any day now!
This is great news. Cannot wait to put it on my JT when it rolls off the line.

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Not a mod you can notice looking at it; but got Rancho front and rear diff skid plates.
Jeep Gladiator 2021 Sarge Green Willys mostly stock "build" mKkDUNu

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Sarge Green Willys mostly stock "build" 6RIEI5a

Now I need to bore out the hole on the Rugged Ridge so that it will fit, and I'll have the lowermost points protected.
Jeep Gladiator 2021 Sarge Green Willys mostly stock "build" yV6c3CP

Except for the rear skid, getting these on has been a lot more difficult than bolt-on parts should ever be.
Sponsored

Last edited: