AllMoparParts.com

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT's!
Wait... you have these in stock for sale but the dealership is telling me a 6 month back order to get mine replaced under TSB?
No. The situation is that the wait times vary depending upon each dealers service volume. They can only order 1 every 7 days so you can imagine how this can set dealers back months if 5-6 units are required. We are not able to jump any lines and availability with us changes daily. If you are interested I can check how many are in queue.

Thanks,
- Benny
Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
2020 Gladiator model year is actually an extended one with retail deliveries starting in April 2019. That is 19 months ago and with a 3/36K bumper to bumper this would fall within. Not out of the realm of possibility that quite a few Gladiators are rolling past at least the 36K mark in miles now.

Unless this TSB actually becomes a recall, a few people are going to be in that bubble of out of warranty and paying out of pocket for it.
Wish it would become a recall then wouldn't have to deal with the crap from the dealership.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Talked to Jeep Cares and they advised that the dealership should not be giving any grief about changing the steering box and the TSB clearly states to them that if the customer feels there is a problem or an issue then make the changes no questions asked. that there is a severe back log on the boxes. I asked why not just do a recall and force the repairs. Seems that the hope is that the TSB will take care of the issue without having to do a recall. I said not when dealerships are unwilling to make the repairs. They just advised again that dealerships should not be giving anyone any issues over making the changes requested. Check with another dealership and see if they will order the parts, etc and if not then get back to them and they will look into further if necessary.

bring44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professor
I know that feeling, I looked at oil life monitor yesterday and it is at 65% life I've already had second oil change done. :facepalm: in my LJ I always tried for oil change at or around 5000 miles. That was 5 a year or so. I got my JT in last days of January. :like: first oil change was before the 10k but I'd rather clean out MFG / wear in shavings. I figure in a few weeks I will send oil sample for testing "#2" see how it's going from my base test. Oil testing cost about what it costs to change oil for anyone wondering.
As a motorcycle guy, I generally do the first oil change before the mfg recommendations in my cars. Most of my bikes needed the 1st change at 500 miles for this reason...albeit it's an entirely different engine/engineering comparison.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AllMoparParts.com

AllMoparParts.com

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT's!
I know, dealer said two months minimum to get mine
We no longer offer the kit as Mopar made it very difficult to order.

- Benny
I know, dealer said two months minimum to get mine

Well things change fast around here , They are available again as FCA has lifted the restrictions.

https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/jtsteeringkit.html

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
-Benny

Demetrius

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Is there a difference between the part #: 68507576AA and part #: 68507576AB? I had the tsb done with the steel 68507576AA box installed. My JT still wanders. The dealer SA and a Jeep Field Engineer said it is within specs and won't do anything else.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there a difference between the part #: 68507576AA and part #: 68507576AB? I had the tsb done with the steel 68507576AA box installed. My JT still wanders. The dealer SA and a Jeep Field Engineer said it is within specs and won't do anything else.
Believe AB is a newer version but I am not positive of that. I know the box mine was replaced with was AB.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was done under TSB last fall and got the AA version. It was "better" for a while, but gradually got bad again. I went back, told them I felt it was wandering, perhaps even worse, but asked them to check as it could be an alignment thing as well since the TSB changed since last fall and the TSB now says the work must include an alignment check.
They called me and said "we need to keep your truck so we can replace the steering gear".
There was no push-back, no discussion, they simply said they "needed to" replace the steering gear.
They had one the next day.
The new new one has the AB number, so it's a revision of the steel steering gear, could be a very minor thing, maybe a bit more than minor. Will likely never know - but it's a huge difference now. Very solid steering, no play, no wander, just like any truck should be. MY paperwork I got from the dealer had a note "internal fault steering gear".

Since a steel core would not be returned no. Mopar probably would not notice this at first but its only a matter of time they catch on.

- Benny
My paperwork said the steel steering gear was to be returned.
Maybe because it was a defect, though???

In any case, it's a whole lot better, in fact, I'd say the steering gear is good.
I do believe I will want to get longer lower arms since my truck has Rubicon front springs and 3/4" spacers under the front and it COULD be helped some by just a bit more caster, but there's no play at all, move that steering wheel even a tiny amount and the front wheels respond right now.

(anyone want to part with the lower arms from a MOPAR lift kit? LOL )

Reactions: BAT
OP
OP
AllMoparParts.com

AllMoparParts.com

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT's!
The AB is a newer version but there would be no drastic part changes. There are many reasons Mopar supersedes parts and is very common.

-Benny