First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S MaxT 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP 49 CHEVY
Occupation
Dealer Consultant/Trainer
Hello! I am new to the forum. Just picked up a 2021 sport s with max tow. and when I was taking delivery I noticed that the end of the front bumpers seem a little different than the 2020s were. The space between the front fender and the bumper is open where the 2020s I have seen are filled in. It looks like it results in a lot more tire clearance on the 2021s. Does anyone know if this is the case? I have 35/11/18s (285/75/18) with new wheels on the way, and new, take off, rubicon shocks and springs. Maybe they will clear without a 2" budget lift??? Thanks! Jeremy
Sponsored

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
So the little “gap fillers” are typical on most Sport/Sport S with the standard plastic bumper (non-chrome inserts around the fog light). I have a 2020 Sport S with painted fenders and the overland style bumper, which didn’t come with the “gap fillers”. I don’t think they’re going to make an impact on tire size with the fillers versus without because everything is still the same. The fillers don’t intrude into the wheel well that much.

OP
OP

3boysjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S MaxT 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP 49 CHEVY
Occupation
Dealer Consultant/Trainer
So the little “gap fillers” are typical on most Sport/Sport S with the standard plastic bumper (non-chrome inserts around the fog light). I have a 2020 Sport S with painted fenders and the overland style bumper, which didn’t come with the “gap fillers”. I don’t think they’re going to make an impact on tire size with the fillers versus without because everything is still the same. The fillers don’t intrude into the wheel well that much.
Thanks for the reply. Everyone that trys to run 35"s on a sport says that you had to "trim" those inserts. And then leave the portion that covers the back of the fog lights. Just got my 35" tires and wheels mounted up last night and everything clears even when i jacked one of the front tires way up. -18mm offset and 35" 11" 18s" on a sport. No lift!!!
Sponsored