Sponsored

2023 JTRD Build Thread - "Blue Jeep"

OP
OP
ericw.

ericw.

Well-Known Member
First Name
Eric
Joined
Aug 18, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
374
Reaction score
577
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
23 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, JKU, Audi S7, Mercedes AMG GLB
Build Thread
Link
First outing... The camper worked amazingly well. It was so nice to have a warm place to hang out and escape the cold wind.

I also took the wrong trail in (not following friends) and learned that I can still climb rocks, downed trees, and lean pretty hard off-camber without any new issues. lol

Jeep Gladiator 2023 JTRD Build Thread - "Blue Jeep" 20260927_125408-1

Jeep Gladiator 2023 JTRD Build Thread - "Blue Jeep" 20260926_180730



Only 2 things I need to adjust with the camper itself..

1. There was moisture under the mattress so now I have a moisture barrier to lay down between the mattress and the floor under it. Not a result of the propane heater because my friend had the same issue in his camper with a diesel heater. Just a result of the environment we were in.

2. I apparently didn't do a good enough job sealing the tailgate from dust intrusion because quite a bit of dust is on the floor and needed to be cleaned up. Not a huge deal but I have what I need to fix this.


Aside from those things, I had some issues with other gear like my Anker power strip and phone charger (2-in-1). Thermal sensor went haywire and limited the power output so I'm going back to the classic power strip and separate phone chargers.
Sponsored

 

brsnow2585

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bryan
Joined
Jan 16, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
308
Reaction score
308
Location
Illinois
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon diesel
My son just calls it the "Blue Jeep" so that's the build nickname. I don't really name my vehicles otherwise.

He just turned 4 and really helped push this deal through with my wife. lol, not that I needed approval but it helps.

I found the rig while laying in my rooftop tent in Colorado. I contacted the dealership the next morning and locked in a deal that afternoon while above 12,000 foot elevation at Lake Como, after finishing Poughkeepsie Gulch. (thanks to my Starlink Mini)


The day after we arrived home from our trip, I planted a few seeds to drive my son's excitement and get us to the dealership. (lol) Test drive checked out, 1 owner, clean title, no crazy frequent repairs, recalls all done, everything looks great. I signed papers and drove it home.

It came with 35" Mickey Thompson Baja Boss tires, a paint matched ARE camper shell, gen 1 Decked drawers (locks but no keys), and Rockslide Engineering 3.0 steps.

1757471379467-7v.webp


1757471441491-ty.webp


1757471413698-ti.webp
You just created the next generation little Jeep monster..... That's his Jeep, Dad is just looking after it until he's big enough.
 
 







Top