Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
So I’m pretty sure I know the answer to this but I just want to confirm before purchasing since I finally found a seller locally. I am pretty sure the three-piece Mopar steel bumper is interchangeable for all JL platforms in which would obviously include the JT.

However can anyone confirm there’s nothing different about one from a 392? Other than the gold tow hooks which I’d take off anyways.
Sponsored

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
You are correct, they are all interchangeable.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
So I’m pretty sure I know the answer to this but I just want to confirm before purchasing since I finally found a seller locally. I am pretty sure the three-piece Mopar steel bumper is interchangeable for all JL platforms in which would obviously include the JT.

However can anyone confirm there’s nothing different about one from a 392? Other than the gold tow hooks which I’d take off anyways.
It’s actually a 4 part system. Don’t forget the skid plate, or at least try to get it if you can.

OP
OP
Sarge502

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
It’s actually a 4 part system. Don’t forget the skid plate, or at least try to get it if you can.
actually should have mentioned that. Yeah skid plate included although seller has no hardware for anything.

I know the skid plate typically comes with two brackets and 4 nutserts along with some bolts. Not sure if there’s any additional hardware needed for the bumper itself besides what I already have with my stock plastic one. But anything I need I plan to just order from the dealership.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
First, if it fits on the front of an unmodified JL, it fits on the front of an unmodified JT.

Second, you may want to shop needed hardware, your dealer is probably going to charge some hellacious prices and it's all per unit, there are no kits.

I can give a couple of examples, one screw for lid of airbox, $8 + tax. One screw for sport bar cover (think where Jeep grab handles would go) $7.79 + tax.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sarge502

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
First, if it fits on the front of an unmodified JL, it fits on the front of an unmodified JT.

Second, you may want to shop needed hardware, your dealer is probably going to charge some hellacious prices and it's all per unit, there are no kits.

I can give a couple of examples, one screw for lid of airbox, $8 + tax. One screw for sport bar cover (think where Jeep grab handles would go) $7.79 + tax.
thanks. And as far as the hardware comment you know I was actually thinking of that. I guess I’m just going to have to cross that bridge when I get there because I’m getting a pretty good deal on the bumper and skid so I really don’t want to pass on it all because I don’t have a two mounting brackets and hardware. I’ll have to shop around or see what I can order.

not 100% but I think the bumper uses all normal hardware I already have. Mainly the four nuts holding it on the frame near the tow hooks. The skid is where I think I’ll need the other bolts if I’m correct. Besides the brackets

OP
OP
Sarge502

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase

CivilJeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Diesel, 2022 4XE
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks I’ll check that out. Appreciate it.

can you confirm as far as the bumper only all I need is the 8 nuts (4 each side) that I already have for the plastic one is all I’ll need? I think I’m good on that. But the skid is where I’ll need that link you sent.
Yes, that's correct. The hardware from your plastic bumper can be reused to mount the steel bumper. It mounts exactly the same.

OP
OP
Sarge502

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, that's correct. The hardware from your plastic bumper can be reused to mount the steel bumper. It mounts exactly the same.
Thx I just dm you thinking you didn’t see my edited question. Disregard that then. Appreciate it, I thought so.
Sponsored