35” Tire Questions

nolejax2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retail Sales
Hello all. I have some questions on 35” tires, I’m new to the “real”Jeep community (Have had a Grand Cherokee for years but now understand the true meaning of a Jeep!)
1. What issues will I encounter with a stock Overland when I put on 35’s? I do intend to put on a lift but that will be in the future. No real off-roading going on as of yet for me
2. Curious about drive ride and sound, we use the Gladiator as our main vehicle so will need something similar to the stock tire in regards to smoothness and sound.
3. Recommendations on tires as I have no clue, wanting something more aggressive looking but will still provide the drive comfort

Thank you in advance! I’m loving this forum.
Sponsored

wvyankee2

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I would suggest Falken Wildpeak AT3. They will fit on the Overland wheel in 285/75/18, which is 34.8 inches tall. They are a 35/11.50/18 tire and will stay under the fenders with stock wheels. They are a good All Terrain and are pretty quiet also. Highly recommend.

goose464

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max tow
Vehicle Showcase

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Tire wise I'd look at anything BFG. Ran about 6-8 different brands over the years and my last 4 set have Been BFG KO2s. They ride good on road and are one of the best for off road use as well. It's a All Terrain also.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Tire wise I'd look at anything BFG. Ran about 6-8 different brands over the years and my last 4 set have Been BFG KO2s. They ride good on road and are one of the best for off road use as well. It's a All Terrain also.
BFG are good tires, but when offroading i’d be careful, I’ve ripped a few BFG sidewalls. They’re very thin, especially on the KO all-terrains.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
BFG are good tires, but when offroading i’d be careful, I’ve ripped a few BFG sidewalls. They’re very thin, especially on the KO all-terrains.
C or E rated. I've saw a few C rated ones get a puncture or Rip on a trail. Which I've saw a few C rated in a lot of tires get punctured but I've never saw a E Rated BFG KO2 get ripped on a trail.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
C or E rated. I've saw a few C rated ones get a puncture or Rip on a trail. Which I've saw a few C rated in a lot of tires get punctured but I've never saw a E Rated BFG KO2 get ripped on a trail.
The KO’s were C, I believe the KM was D... Both were 315/75r16. I also saw a 315/70r17 KM2 rip a sidewalk driving down the street, on my dad’s 2008 Ram 2500 Cummins. We were both a bit shocked to say the least.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
The KO’s were C, I believe the KM was D... Both were 315/75r16. I also saw a 315/70r17 KM2 rip a sidewalk driving down the street, on my dad’s 2008 Ram 2500 Cummins. We were both a bit shocked to say the least.
That is a little shocking, I've never had any issues. I'll say this, if Geolander M/T's weren't so loud on the road and if I could get more than 30,000 miles out of them for the price they are I'd be running them. If I had a dedicated trail rig the Geolander M/T would be my tire of choice on it.

Jeep Gladiator 35” Tire Questions IMG_20151125_164022

That's my old JKU with a set of the Geolanders on it. That the first set of 35's I put on it and the only reason I did was because I had a buddy working for Scott Riggs Racing and he had switched tire sponsors from Geolander to Toyo and he had 15 sets of 35's on a trailor and my buddy told me if I brought Scott $400 he'd sell me a set. I couldn't pass that up.
Sponsored