Sponsored

Tire Questions

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I have recently purchased a Sport S Max Tow, and have been searching for information on tire upgrades. I wouldnt make this thread if the other threads here were not clear enough for me (not bashing the contributors to those threads, I am just very new to the Jeep/non-stock tire world)

Can I put 35” tires on the vehicle without any modifications? Will it affect performance? I read it wouldnt affect the towing or payload, how about speedometer and such?
If modifications are needed, which ones and how much do they ballpark cost?

What sizes do I search for in terms of tires? I have come across folks going anywhere from 285-305/70-75/17 and 35x12.5x17. Aren't the stock Dueller A/T 32x10x17?

Similar questions for 37-40” tires. I presume a 2-4” lift would be needed? Dimensions for the tires for when I am ready to buy?

What brands? I will primarily (99% of the time) be driving on pavement. I will take it off-roading on some trails (various ones in the Appalachian mountains of KY) in the summer. I hear good things about Falken, but cant find them locally or in any shops with the searches I have performed.

Many thanks
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Will 35s fit a stock Gladiator with Max Towing?

Which brand? Most brands are good these days. Just pick a tire you like and that fits your budget. I personally don't think you can go wrong with the Milestar Patagonia M/T. Fantastic tires.

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will 35s fit a stock Gladiator with Max Towing?

Which brand? Most brands are good these days. Just pick a tire you like and that fits your budget. I personally don't think you can go wrong with the Milestar Patagonia M/T. Fantastic tires.
That looks awesome! How about the handeling off-roading? I ask only because I am just going through the thread where the Gladiator had 37s on a 3.5” lift and was still causing significant rubbing on trails
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/37s-on-my-stock-height-jt-sport.18259/page-3

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
They worked great after I did the 2" front spacer lift. I'm current back on 33s again for towing purposes but I may go 35s again next year.

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They worked great after I did the 2" front spacer lift. I'm current back on 33s again for towing purposes but I may go 35s again next year.
Does a lift affect towing capacity? Other posts/threads indicated the opposite

Sponsored

BMcD

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I went with 305/70/17 Crosswind A/T on stock wheels $154 ea. 8 ply....34” actually measures 33” from ground to top of tire. Doesn’t seem to have affected fuel mileage....maybe less than 1 mpg.

2A5E9074-65AD-4505-8D96-563CC6E866E8.jpeg

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went with 305/70/17 Crosswind A/T on stock wheels $154 ea. 8 ply....34” actually measures 33” from ground to top of tire. Doesn’t seem to have affected fuel mileage....maybe less than 1 mpg.

2A5E9074-65AD-4505-8D96-563CC6E866E8.jpeg
Picture not showing on post but does in my quote

So is that just an inch more than stock tires at 32”?

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Does a lift affect towing capacity? Other posts/threads indicated the opposite
A small leveling kit won't really affect anything as long as you don't get carried away with it.

Once you get into the bigger lifts with new coil springs, control arms, etc. then you start to affect your practical payload and towing capability.

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A small leveling kit won't really affect anything as long as you don't get carried away with it.

Once you get into the bigger lifts with new coil springs, control arms, etc. then you start to affect your practical payload and towing capability.
So if I got my Jeep more for payload/towing capability than off roading, leave stock?

Sponsored

BMcD

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S

31.5 according to the documents the dealer gave me
The tires I put on were listed as 33.8” but when I put a level across the top of the tire and measured to the ground it’s a flat 33”

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So if I got my Jeep more for payload/towing capability than off roading, leave stock?
You can lift, but stay at less than 2.5" and use coil spring spacers instead of new coils. That way you can keep your factory capability.

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And what would be the
You can lift, but stay at less than 2.5" and use coil spring spacers instead of new coils. That way you can keep your factory capability.

And what would be the tire size I could not only fit but also off-road in? For some reason I can just see 37s and a 5” lift being the only thing that will work

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
And what would be the

And what would be the tire size I could not only fit but also off-road in? For some reason I can just see 37s and a 5” lift being the only thing that will work
33s stock, 35s with a small coil spring spacer lift. I flexed mine out pretty good on the 35s and they cleared OK with the 2" spacer lift in the front. The rear doesn't really need anything but I did 0.75" back there just to get a little factory stance back.
Sponsored