CK Wraps

CK Wraps

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Even crazier that you give a crap. Sounds more like an envy thing, but you will get over it. Owned Corvettes forever and it never matter who did what and how they used it; almost every owner was polite with each other and the guys with $100,000 in theirs' wouldn't be worried or bitching about the guy with $50 in his corvette was doing with it....in vice-versa. But holy hell, the Jeep community is full of self serving snobs that have more negative crap to say about everyone elses' rides and/or intentions. If this guy wants to lift it and do moderate trails...kudos to him. If he wants to lift it and never take it off road....kudos to him. I guess under the same terms....if he wants to lift it, and you want to sound like a 6 year old jealous douch-bag....kudos to you....but I guess the snobby attitude explains all we need to know,
Sponsored

OP
OP
CK Wraps

CK Wraps

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Either way, took it out today and yesterday. The jt handled a lot with the 37's and the 3.5 lift, overall I'm pretty satisfied for now. I've been trying to order the 6.5 Evo lift but my shop here hasn't gotten back to me yet.

IMG_20190714_214140_657.jpg

20190714_131645.jpg

20190714_132845.jpg

20190714_131743.jpg

20190714_132858.jpg

20190714_135409.jpg

20190714_132730.jpg

20190714_124214.jpg

Last edited:

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
Either way, took it out today and yesterday. The jt handled a lot woth the 37's and the 3.5 lift and overall I'm pretty satisfied for now I've been trying to order the 6.5 Evo lift but my shop here hasn't gotten back to me yet.

20190714_132845.jpg
I'm surprised the 37s are rubbing with a 3.5" lift. I was just about to ask where they rubbed ... then I saw this pic.

Is this spot in the rear the only spot that rubs? Does the tire just graze the fender flare, or does it make significant contact?

Great looking rig by the way!

OP
OP
CK Wraps

CK Wraps

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I'm surprised the 37s are rubbing with a 3.5" lift. I was just about to ask where they rubbed ... then I saw this pic.

Is this spot in the rear the only spot that rubs? Does the tire just graze the fender flare, or does it make significant contact?

Great looking rig by the way!
That's about the only spot it made contact with. Depends on what you think significant is . It'll make contact enough to actually pop the fender clips off. The fenders remove so easily I've debated removing them before I head out each time

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's about the only spot it made contact with. Depends on what you think significant is . It'll make contact enough to actually pop the fender clips off. The fenders remove so easily I've debated removing them before I head out each time
Moving the flares enough to pop the clips is significant in my book. My guess is that 35s might just brush the flare then. Thanks for sharing your experience/observations. I planned on getting 37s with the 2" Mopar lift. I'll have to get more intel before I pull the trigger on wheel/tire upgrades.

Sponsored

MadManMoheenid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE & 1958 Chevy Apache
Either way, took it out today and yesterday. The jt handled a lot with the 37's and the 3.5 lift, overall I'm pretty satisfied for now. I've been trying to order the 6.5 Evo lift but my shop here hasn't gotten back to me yet.

20190714_124214.jpg
Just have to say I'm a fan of the black wrap!! I'm planning to wrap mine as soon as I finally get my launch edition.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had a few more thoughts on the RUB this morning.

Getting quick disconnects for your front sway bar will give you a little more articulation up front which will require the rear to articulate less. This may reduce/eliminate rear rub.

Adding a little height to your bump stops would reduce travel enough to eliminate rubbing.

Either or both of these solutions would probably serve your purposes and be more cost effective than adding more lift height. More lift height would require some additional geometry correction and raise your center of gravity too.

AL_Jazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor, Jeep Commander Hemi Limited
Even crazier that you give a crap. Sounds more like an envy thing, but you will get over it. Owned Corvettes forever and it never matter who did what and how they used it; almost every owner was polite with each other and the guys with $100,000 in theirs' wouldn't be worried or bitching about the guy with $50 in his corvette was doing with it....in vice-versa. But holy hell, the Jeep community is full of self serving snobs that have more negative crap to say about everyone elses' rides and/or intentions. If this guy wants to lift it and do moderate trails...kudos to him. If he wants to lift it and never take it off road....kudos to him. I guess under the same terms....if he wants to lift it, and you want to sound like a 6 year old jealous douch-bag....kudos to you....but I guess the snobby attitude explains all we need to know,
Its first post and it drives an XJ...to be expected from a troll sporting a douche donut.. Maybe it will crawl back under its bridge.

I too have had Corvettes for years and yes, the 'vette community is awesome, but also a much older and more mature crowd. The only thing worse than some of the Jeep forums is the Raptor forums...those guys are brutal to each other. I hated being associated with that crowd. I sold mine in anticipation of ordering my JT.

OP, your rig looks awesome. Love the wrap and the wheel choice. The nice thing about Wranglers (all variants) is they are adult legos with which we can individualize to our personal preference based on our own financial limits. Have you seen any airflow specs on the grill you installed? Looking at the openings....it might have more airflow than stock...

Missionsparta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram
Its first post and it drives an XJ...to be expected from a troll sporting a douche donut.. Maybe it will crawl back under its bridge.

I too have had Corvettes for years and yes, the 'vette community is awesome, but also a much older and more mature crowd. The only thing worse than some of the Jeep forums is the Raptor forums...those guys are brutal to each other. I hated being associated with that crowd. I sold mine in anticipation of ordering my JT.

OP, your rig looks awesome. Love the wrap and the wheel choice. The nice thing about Wranglers (all variants) is they are adult legos with which we can individualize to our personal preference based on our own financial limits. Have you seen any airflow specs on the grill you installed? Looking at the openings....it might have more airflow than stock...
Agreed …. OP has done a real nice job.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CK Wraps

CK Wraps

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I had a few more thoughts on the RUB this morning.

Getting quick disconnects for your front sway bar will give you a little more articulation up front which will require the rear to articulate less. This may reduce/eliminate rear rub.

Adding a little height to your bump stops would reduce travel enough to eliminate rubbing.

Either or both of these solutions would probably serve your purposes and be more cost effective than adding more lift height. More lift height would require some additional geometry correction and raise your center of gravity too.
Is there somewhere I can get lockers and a sway bar disconnect for the JT? I tried looking but my search wasn't successful.
The front seems to be good, it's only the rear, and is the picture where it's rubbing the opposing wheel is completely off the ground

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Youre right, I wouldn't recommend taking it through any kind of extreme terrain without a lift. I did take it off road and it was rubbing while stock height. I took it out again yesterday, first time since the lift and it was much better but still rubbed slightly

20190713_135031.jpg

20190713_135059.jpg

20190713_134134.jpg
How do the Rough Country shocks
Is there somewhere I can get lockers and a sway bar disconnect for the JT? I tried looking but my search wasn't successful.
The front seems to be good, it's only the rear, and is the picture where it's rubbing the opposing wheel is completely off the ground
JL Wrangler stuff should be a direct fit for the swaybar. Not sure about the rear axle in yours...but something should work. Try some of the shops like Northridge.

OP
OP
CK Wraps

CK Wraps

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
How do the Rough Country shocks

JL Wrangler stuff should be a direct fit for the swaybar. Not sure about the rear axle in yours...but something should work. Try some of the shops like Northridge.
The shocks actually seem half decent. Definitely a better ride than the stock ones. Don't know if they'll last but I'm trying to get an Evo lift. I'll check that shop out. Where abouts are they based?

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
The shocks actually seem half decent. Definitely a better ride than the stock ones. Don't know if they'll last but I'm trying to get an Evo lift. I'll check that shop out. Where abouts are they based?
https://www.northridge4x4.com/

They have shops in Washington, Utah and Colorado. They have warehouses scattered across the USA. Definitely give them a call, good guys to talk to, i have done a lot of business with them.

-sass

cwadle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
Jeeze man I never even thought about a wrap, but now I want one! Great Looking jeep!
Sponsored