Sponsored

392 XR wheels on JTR

OffAxis2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
25th. Anniversary Ducati Monster 1200 #188/500
Occupation
Company car hauling truck driver 26 years 2024.
offset is usually always - and backspace is +..
This is not an accurate statement.

OEM Rubicon wheels are +44 offset
OEM Mojave wheels are +37 offset.

Meaning, the same size tire on Mojave wheels will poke out slightly farther than on the Rubicon wheels.

I’m not aware of any OEM wheels with a “negative” offset. They’re all [seemingly] high “positive” offset.

A lot of aftermarket wheels also are abundantly available in “positive” offset.

I also am not any sort of wheel offset/backspace guru, but… from my experience…

¯\_(❛︣ ͜ʖ ❛᷅)_/¯

Sponsored

Last edited:

Rvalas

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction Project Manager
This is not an accurate statement.

OEM Rubicon wheels are +44 offset
OEM Mojave wheels are +37 offset.

Meaning, the same size tire on Mojave wheels will poke out slightly farther than on the Rubicon wheels.

I’m not aware of any OEM wheels with a “negative” offset. They’re all [seemingly] high “positive” offset.

A lot of aftermarket wheels also are abundantly available is “positive” offset.

I also am not any sort of wheel offset/backspace guru, but… from my experience…

¯\_(❛︣ ͜ʖ ❛᷅)_/¯

You are probably right, the video backs you up, and make perfect sense. I should link this video to the tire guy, and send it to ICON so they can fix their website. I have -6mm offset wheels on order. Certainly don't want the wrong ones.

https://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/wheel/15050/icon-alloys-rebound-pro/21817857345TT/?finishID=1358

PN: I ordered were the 21817857345TT.

Thanks for the heads up.

BS aside....

Did you even watch your own video? a +44mm OFFSET would tuck the wheel so close to the center of the vehicle the wheels wouldn't work. lets just agree to disagree with each other.

OffAxis2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You are probably right, the video backs you up, and make perfect sense. I should link this video to the tire guy, and send it to ICON so they can fix their website. I have -6mm offset wheels on order. Certainly don't want the wrong ones.

https://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/wheel/15050/icon-alloys-rebound-pro/21817857345TT/?finishID=1358

PN: I ordered were the 21817857345TT.

Thanks for the heads up.

BS aside....

Did you even watch your own video? a +44mm OFFSET would tuck the wheel so close to the center of the vehicle the wheels wouldn't work. lets just agree to disagree with each other.
Regardless of what you think, what I said (spec wise) is absolutely true. They’re “positive” 44/37 offset.

Extreme Recon wheels are 12mm offset. When “-“ (negative) is not specified, they’re “+” positive.

Last edited:

Rvalas

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction Project Manager
Regardless of what you think, what I said (spec wise) is absolutely true. They’re “positive” 44/37 offset.

Extreme Recon wheels are 12mm offset. When “-“ (negative) is not specified, they’re “+” positive.

You are absolutely correct when - is not specified because the word offset is used, when you say offset to me I already make the correction in my mind to add the - if I am trying to be correct. But there are times when you need to specify. a positive offset can be desired. so perhaps I need to always just make sure I add the + or -.......

But saying backspace I always assume + even if someone is being lazy in their explanation.

The exact term you use is very important when you are trying to make a point.

OP
OP
Hunteruu

Hunteruu

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR
The stock JT wheels are a +44mm and I believe these are +12. They are a touch more out then I would have liked, but the other wheels I thought about getting (AEV wheels) were +25, which is only half of an inch different. I'm more than happy with these since they aren't as available though.

Sponsored

OffAxis2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The stock JT wheels are a +44mm
Not to be overly specific here, but it depends on the wheels on a particular trim package. As previously stated,… Mojave wheels are +37 offset and I am admittedly only familiar with those and the +44 offset Rubicon wheels. All others OEM… clueless.

SO, “the stock JT wheels are +44” is also incorrect. Which stock JT is being referred to…

¯\_(❛︣ ͜ʖ ❛᷅)_/¯

Details of the sort sometimes tend to be somewhat of a thing to/for me.

Generally speaking (sharing)…
This link is very helpful in comparing. Enter stock wheel/tire size numbers, new wheel/tire size numbers, “compare” and voila! You get a visual and specifics.

Scroll down further for wheel width and offset comparison.

https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/

Last edited:

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
The stock JT wheels are a +44mm and I believe these are +12. They are a touch more out then I would have liked, but the other wheels I thought about getting (AEV wheels) were +25, which is only half of an inch different. I'm more than happy with these since they aren't as available though.
Do you have a "down the side" pic you can share? I have the stock Rubicon wheels and with 37's I feel like my rig looks too tall and skinny. Was actually looking for a slightly wider stance.

OP
OP
Hunteruu

Hunteruu

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR
Do you have a "down the side" pic you can share? I have the stock Rubicon wheels and with 37's I feel like my rig looks too tall and skinny. Was actually looking for a slightly wider stance.
I can get you one later today, no problem. These and the AEV wheels at +25 mm are a good offset I think. The Mojave wheels are a good option too.

BlueScapegoat

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 ST185, 04 Ram SRT10, SC'd 05 Rubi, 22 JTRD
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Vehicle Showcase
I really like those in the beadlocked flavor... I might have sprung for those if I knew they were an option.

Got some AEV Salta XRs instead.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
So he's built Jeeps before.

Thanks everyone.

These were a local take off from a great guy who decided to immediately go 1 tons and 40's on his 392.
Sponsored