Sponsored

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
It's epic! One could still do the JK-8 conversion and slap a V8 in there with some 40s. Would be a relatively affordable beast 😂
Sponsored

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
That's a feature, not a bug! When your gokart has to thread through the rocks and the trees, narrow is nice! I much prefer my YJ without doors, and will roll a window down in anything but sleet, because I have to hunch my shoulders otherwise, but it is SO nice offroad to be smol!
I totally agree. The YJ/TJ size is perfect.

I drove a TJ for years 4"lift manual and 33"s its a fine DD
I’m DD‘ing my TJR with 33s and 3” of lift now. Weekly 250 mile treks to Philadelphia and back. She’ll get weekend toy status next month when my Mojave comes in.

That Brute with a V8 and manual gearbox, though… wow, that’s my dream rig.
I have a 2004 TJR on a Rubicon Express Long Arm kit with Offroad Only AiROCK and 35" tires
Now that I have the gladiator, and a trailer, it will become more of a Trailer Queen, but it drives amazing on the street. I love taking the doors off, both on and offroad.

OP
OP
cmb396

cmb396

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Yea< i drove a TJ on 33's all through college and a couple years afterwards. Loved it, could park anywhere, and if I didn't want anymore than 1 person riding with me, I just took the back seat out!

gecko_rubi

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘81 CJ-5, ‘05 LJ, ‘21 JTRD
Occupation
Architect
I totally agree. The YJ/TJ size is perfect.

I have a 2004 TJR on a Rubicon Express Long Arm kit with Offroad Only AiROCK and 35" tires
Now that I have the gladiator, and a trailer, it will become more of a Trailer Queen, but it drives amazing on the street. I love taking the doors off, both on and offroad.
Yeah there is something about a TJ.
Have an 05 LJ with ditto and ditto trailer queen. My doors/top haven’t been on in 3 years.

I feel like us LJ guys were the “poor” man/wannabe Brutes back in the day

Last edited:

Sponsored

rayvonp

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Gladiator, 2018 Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Boeing
Love it, i have always wanted one

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
I didn’t know this existed (been away from Jeeps for a few decades). I’ll do some searching on it to learn about it but from the other comments about affordability it sounds like I won’t be buying one any time soon. 😂. Although, that logic didn’t exactly stop me from getting an amazing Ducati last year when a relatively rare one came up that I had always wanted. Of course, I’m pretty sure it was a significantly lower price.
I really like it though, and the concept of having it or building something similar now would be cool.

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
Ya know, I’m sure it has been said before, but you guys are a really, really bad influence and if we were kids I would probably not be allowed to hang out with you.
in just the few weeks I have owned a Gladiator and spent already countless hours reading builds and other threads here to learn what works and what doesn’t you have been very helpful and I have learned a lot, but damn it’s been hard on my wallet. Lol. 😎

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
HAHAHA

I hear ya. I bought the JT to be a Tow rig and Overlanding vehicle, so I could camp with it when I bring my TJ to the trails
and now I want 40s. Restraint is hard!!
:LOL:

Sponsored

OP
OP
cmb396

cmb396

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I didn’t know this existed (been away from Jeeps for a few decades). I’ll do some searching on it to learn about it but from the other comments about affordability it sounds like I won’t be buying one any time soon. 😂. Although, that logic didn’t exactly stop me from getting an amazing Ducati last year when a relatively rare one came up that I had always wanted. Of course, I’m pretty sure it was a significantly lower price.
I really like it though, and the concept of having it or building something similar now would be cool.
You'd be hard pressed to find one. He looked high and low for a long time. AEV only made 150 Brute kits from what I understand?!
Right now, I believe there is only one fs that is advertised. It has a VW diesel engine, that has some issues, and I think it's north of 40k.

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 5.7 Hemi, '21 JLUR 392, '84 CJ7, '69 CJ5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
Badass rigs. Definitely on my list of "if I ever stumble on one, I'm selling a kidney and taking it home."

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
That Brute looks fabulous. Money aside, if I could buy one to run trails in I would. I would keep my Mojave because the Brute wouldn't be great for overlanding with all of the gear and dogs I haul, lol.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Pretty cool!
While I enjoyed the heck out of my TJ, I was always cramped in it. It’s really a small vehicle. I always told everyone it was like driving a go cart
You don’t get in it…you put it on.

alpineovernappa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTSS 3.0 & 2006 LJ 6mt
The brute is just about the best jeep derivative ever made. I wish Jeep had styled the JT after the TJ brute instead of the JK brute. Or at the very least offered a factory kit to convert a JL to their J6 concept like they did with the JK8 kits in ~2011.
Sponsored