3D printing parts

Rooster31

First Name
Murphy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Mojave
Once you start thinking about stuff with a 3d printer, the possibilities are pretty endless, it's a lot of fun.

I just finished this bracket for my spod mount...

I'm also working on an air port using the 4xe cover..

20230310_193132.jpg
you don’t happen to sell these mounts do you? perfect spot for the spod hd

nevermind on selling this...i fixed my problem by buying a 3d printer...do you happen to have this file anywhere for download? @jbehrn
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
jbehrn

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I have made a battery disconnect bracket for the HF badlands winch next to the battery. Two piece brackets for the ABS and braided stainless brake lines. Also have printed rear bumpstop spacers that bolt to the axle plates. All printed in ABS for temp resistance. Made brackets for rocklights and module also. The possibilities are endless.

I use the free hobbyist version of Fusion 360 for my design purposes. Learned using YouTube videos for CAD.
Do you have the cad files for the battery disconnect bracket? It’s on my long list to print…

zuki_dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 miata & cherokee, 06 ram 2500, 15 mustang,
Occupation
Aircraft Examiner

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I love the baofeng mount that I got off Etsy for my original uv-5R.
I bought some other radios to have and they wouldn’t fit, so I copied the Etsy mount and fudged some measurements and put something together in Tinkercad to fit the baofeng GM-15Pro.
Link
Jeep Gladiator 3D printing parts IMG_5421

Jeep Gladiator 3D printing parts IMG_5420

Sponsored

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
Ive had good results using Polycam on my smart phone to do 3D scans of motorcycle frame / parts / etc and importing the mesh to Fusion 360.

Scale feature through Polycam is hit or miss so I scale the mesh in Fusion. I've made a few custom bike parts by going this route and will prolly be applying this to the Jeep in the future.

Need to get around to purchasing a printer, I've paid out the nose to Shapeways a few times and could own a printer by now instead..
Sponsored