First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
Did you guys purchase 4 or 5 wheels and why?

I’m thinking of purchasing just 4 wheels. With my previous Jeeps, I only had to use the spare only once due to sidewall puncture Otherwise, it was always a 5 heavy tire change every oil change.
Sponsored

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
Did you guys purchase 4 or 5 wheels and why?

I’m thinking of purchasing just 4 wheels. With my previous Jeeps, I only had to use the spare only once due to sidewall puncture Otherwise, it was always a 5 heavy tire change every oil change.
If your wheeling your rig on a regular basis then 5 wheels would be best. If you get a puncture you can’t fix on the trail you can swap and Carry on. If you just drive around town or fire roads then you could get away with the stock spare until you can repair or replace the larger tire.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Purchased 5 wheels... But I may not actually use the 5th.. I may pickup an el cheapo for the spare since I am not putting it in rotation

Bacon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR-LE
I bought five wheels and tires. They all have TPMS too.

OP
OP
DeezJT

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
Purchased 5 wheels... But I may not actually use the 5th.. I may pickup an el cheapo for the spare since I am not putting it in rotation
never thought of that. I may go this route. Ordering on Monday but still undecided.

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
never thought of that. I may go this route. Ordering on Monday but still undecided.
Yeah I picked up a set of 5 used 37's a couple weeks ago.. Mounted on bead locks & wanted to test clearances before I ordered new tires. Now I am going to keep one. Mount it on a crap wheel underneath & will sell the other 4 of these tires for probably what I paid.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
4 nice matching ones plus one cheap 17" wheel with used cheap matching size tire for spare only.

Bacon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR-LE
I guess this also comes down to whether you are a 4 or 5 tire rotation kind of person. Usually what I do is when the four tires are worn, I buy three more of the same, bring in the spare, and take the best of the old tires and use as a spare.
Sponsored