jeep jk

20HBPJT

First Name
Ariel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
thanks yeah i saw those... im sure that would work.. i was trying to pickup a new gladiator 8.4 u connect but from what i have been told now they are on national back order. with no ETA .. i think the JL u connect 8.4 are available , i would think they would work the same.
I got mine from eBay nismopar1 hit him up his name is Robbie he might have another new one.

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit

Sponsored

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator; 2005 VW Passat TDI; Previous: 1978 CJ5; 1997 TJ Sport.
I ordered mine from the forum sponsor, @AllMoparParts.com . Here are the part # links that Benny provided me:

Hope this helps. I'll let you know how my upgrade goes when I get mine.

Last edited:

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered mine from the forum sponsor, @AllMoparParts.com . Here are the part # links that Benny provided me:

Hope this helps. I'll let you know how my upgrade goes when I get mine.
Before & After...It worked!!!!!

Jeep Gladiator 8.4 u connect with nav part # ? IMG_20200917_221515

I ordered the parts from Bennie @AllMoparParts.com on 8/29. They arrived today, 9/17. Parts are brand new -- NO REFURBISHED UNIT HERE!

I had previously installed the iNsAnE aUdIo JL3001, and ended up sending it back -- it is more a tablet device than a car stereo replacement IMHO, so I had experience removing & reinstalling the radio. Replacing with the 8.4 was much easier / cleaner a job than installing the jl3001.

The first time I powered on, I did not click the "I Agree" button. After a few moments, it started up, and showed the main screen. NOTHING I could press would produce any music (or any sound for that matter) from the system. I shut everything off, took the dash apart again, unseated & re-seated all the connections. This time when I powered up, I pushed the "I Agree" button. The instant I did, the radio was heard!!!!

Me & the kids took a drive. The navigation correctly showed me where I was. We entered an address, and it correctly led us to our desired destination. The only odd thing was I COULD NOT change the on-screen temperature to anything other than "Low", and while it was set to "Low", **HOT** air came out of the vent. As we were driving back, I pushed the blue ("cooler") button several times (at least 20). After doing this, the vent was blowing cool air. Still I could not change the on-screen setting to anything other than "Low" -- neither using red/blue buttons, nor using touch screen -> climate control app.

The truck set for ~2 hours after we got back from our drive before I tried it again. This time, it appears that *EVERYTHING* is functioning normally -- I can now change the on-screen temperature setting for either side, and the climate control appeared to kick-in appropriately (warm air when temp set higher; cooler air when set lower).

When I had the 7" radio, I had a 256 Gb thumb drive in the USB2 socket (the one inside the arm rest). On installing the 8.4" radio, I could select USB2 on the screen, but it would beep at me. I unplugged the thumb drive & plugged it into the USB socket on the dash (USB1). Now all music on drive is recognized / playing as desired, etc. I had read that a recent firmware update to the 8.4" radio had disabled USB2 from working for Apple Play; seems reasonable that this (bug / desired upgrade) is also the reason my thumb drive isn't working from USB2...

I can't seem to find the on-screen button for SiriusXM. I don't currently subscribe, nor do I ever plan on subscribing. My 7" radio came with a free 1-year trial, and I had tried it out just to see how it works. The 8.4" radio doesn't seem to have the same trial. No loss to me, but your mileage may vary if you WANT SiriusXM. In the settings, I found the "activate" button, but I didn't pursue it any further...Probably will work, I just cannot verify.

Otherwise, my experience has been "plug and play". I paid $1240.87 for the upgrade (nearly $200 LESS than the insane audio jl3001!!!) Well worth it in my opinion!

I had sent my VIN to Bennie before I ordered so he could verify the part would work in my JT. He gave me a code for free shipping (which I forgot to use -- doh! I sent Bennie a PM and he applied the code to my order, saving me ~$90 shipping!!!). Awesome service, Bennie. thank you.

I highly recommend @AllMoparParts.com.

Last edited:

drace99

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevrolet Corvette
Before & After...It worked!!!!!

Jeep Gladiator 8.4 u connect with nav part # ? IMG_20200917_221515

I ordered the parts from Bennie @AllMoparParts.com on 8/29. They arrived today, 9/17. Parts are brand new -- NO REFURBISHED UNIT HERE!

I had previously installed the iNsAnE aUdIo JL3001, and ended up sending it back -- it is more a tablet device than a car stereo replacement IMHO, so I had experience removing & reinstalling the radio. Replacing with the 8.4 was much easier / cleaner a job than installing the jl3001.

The first time I powered on, I did not click the "I Agree" button. After a few moments, it started up, and showed the main screen. NOTHING I could press would produce any music (or any sound for that matter) from the system. I shut everything off, took the dash apart again, unseated & re-seated all the connections. This time when I powered up, I pushed the "I Agree" button. The instant I did, the radio was heard!!!!

Me & the kids took a drive. The navigation correctly showed me where I was. We entered an address, and it correctly led us to our desired destination. The only odd thing was I COULD NOT change the on-screen temperature to anything other than "Low", and while it was set to "Low", **HOT** air came out of the vent. As we were driving back, I pushed the blue ("cooler") button several times (at least 20). After doing this, the vent was blowing cool air. Still I could not change the on-screen setting to anything other than "Low" -- neither using red/blue buttons, nor using touch screen -> climate control app.

The truck set for ~2 hours after we got back from our drive before I tried it again. This time, it appears that *EVERYTHING* is functioning normally -- I can now change the on-screen temperature setting for either side, and the climate control appeared to kick-in appropriately (warm air when temp set higher; cooler air when set lower).

When I had the 7" radio, I had a 256 Gb thumb drive in the USB2 socket (the one inside the arm rest). On installing the 8.4" radio, I could select USB2 on the screen, but it would beep at me. I unplugged the thumb drive & plugged it into the USB socket on the dash (USB1). Now all music on drive is recognized / playing as desired, etc. I had read that a recent firmware update to the 8.4" radio had disabled USB2 from working for Apple Play; seems reasonable that this (bug / desired upgrade) is also the reason my thumb drive isn't working from USB2...

I can't seem to find the on-screen button for SiriusXM. I don't currently subscribe, nor do I ever plan on subscribing. My 7" radio came with a free 1-year trial, and I had tried it out just to see how it works. The 8.4" radio doesn't seem to have the same trial. No loss to me, but your mileage may vary if you WANT SiriusXM. In the settings, I found the "activate" button, but I didn't pursue it any further...Probably will work, I just cannot verify.

Otherwise, my experience has been "plug and play". I paid $1240.87 for the upgrade (nearly $200 LESS than the insane audio jl3001!!!) Well worth it in my opinion!

I had sent my VIN to Bennie before I ordered so he could verify the part would work in my JT. He gave me a code for free shipping (which I forgot to use -- doh! I sent Bennie a PM and he applied the code to my order, saving me ~$90 shipping!!!). Awesome service, Bennie. thank you.

I highly recommend @AllMoparParts.com.
I plan on ordering the same radio from Benny. Is is basically plug and play or did you have to do anything wire related?
Thanks for the write up!

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I plan on ordering the same radio from Benny. Is is basically plug and play or did you have to do anything wire related?
Thanks for the write up!
Plug and play -- and don't panic if HVAC doesn't function correctly at first...after a few hours, it'll start working. Also, USB2 (in the arm rest) will no longer work for media / car play / android auto -- only USB1 (on the dash) works for those.
Sponsored