Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Altitude, Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Firefighter/ EMT
Hey All,

First time on a forum, but not first time owning a Jeep. Had a ‘06 MT TJ Sport a while ago and have regretted it ever since I switched to pickups. I’ll update when I can, as I’m sure I’m in the same boat as many on here with having to wait in limbo for delivery.

Build Ordered: 5/5/20
Build Modified: 5/23/20
Current Status: D1 (As of 6/5)
Sponsored

OP
OP
RJW10877

RJW10877

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Firefighter/ EMT
Jeep Gladiator A hose dragger’s MT JT Mojave Build F354F1E0-9546-437D-84DF-B5FA9A79F603
Jeep Gladiator A hose dragger’s MT JT Mojave Build 0714BDE3-2A87-4D95-BE8E-AE7A1DE113F4

I meant to attach these on the original post. This is hopefully what will come off the truck, whenever that is.

First question to those who drop on by:
Given the Mojave’s intended purpose, Jeep didn’t offer the steel bumpers due to front end weight concerns I believe. I still want to get a reinforced/steel front bumper due to the prevalence of deer in my area, is that wise in your opinions? I may do some light to moderate dune running, but nothing too intense. Should I be worried about that extra front end weight? Thanks in advance.

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
Welcome and congrats! Hope it gets here soon. I wouldn't worry too much about a little weight on the front. Especially if you go with a steel Jeep bumper. There are some front bumpers out there that are pretty heavy especially if you add a winch...

OP
OP
RJW10877

RJW10877

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Firefighter/ EMT
Welcome and congrats! Hope it gets here soon. I wouldn't worry too much about a little weight on the front. Especially if you go with a steel Jeep bumper. There are some front bumpers out there that are pretty heavy especially if you add a winch...
I actually do want to add a winch at some point, nothing overkill, just enough to drag myself or someone else out of a sticky situation. I was actually thinking about the OEM steel bumper because it can accept the LED fogs I'm getting out of the factory, and its also winch ready. Don’t know what your thoughts are on that. Or if I should look at quadratec to see what is similar.

Sponsored

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
I got the aluminum one from GenRight and I love it. Very light and the winch sits nice and low between the frame rails. All of this stuff is subjective and you need to find the parts that make you smile! Spend time checking out what others have done... that’s the beauty of a forum...part of the beauty anyway...

OP
OP
RJW10877

RJW10877

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Firefighter/ EMT
I got the aluminum one from GenRight and I love it. Very light and the winch sits nice and low between the frame rails. All of this stuff is subjective and you need to find the parts that make you smile! Spend time checking out what others have done... that’s the beauty of a forum...part of the beauty anyway...
I appreciate the insight. I’m very new into the world of Jeep modding.

OP
OP
RJW10877

RJW10877

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Firefighter/ EMT
No new news on the build status. But I wanted to come back and ask about replacing the front bumper. Is there any truth to Jeep not offering the steel bumpers because of the skid plate in the front?

OP
OP
RJW10877

RJW10877

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Firefighter/ EMT
Just got word from FCA, my build should start next week (Week of 7/13). So pumped! No idea how reliable FCA is with timelines, but any news at this point is welcome.

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
Just got word from FCA, my build should start next week (Week of 7/13). So pumped! No idea how reliable FCA is with timelines, but any news at this point is welcome.
Mine was ahead of the timeline they gave me. The build itself actually moves pretty quick. At least mine did.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RJW10877

RJW10877

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Firefighter/ EMT
Update! Had to get FCA involved in trying to figure out what’s going on with my JT Mojave order. (Thanks for the help nerubi!) So far my JT has been in inspection for 18 days with no clue as to why. I’m just ready to get this beauty so I can start making it my own.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Occupation
Retired
Just read your options ordered. It easily takes a month or more to inspect all of those. They have to push all the icons on the 8.4" , drive it over to their girlfriend's house to test the nav, see if their rears get hot with the cold weather, drive around to the JL plant to see if they can steal some steel bumpers for you. :LOL:

On the JL side there is a guy 26 days in inspection and only thing his dealer can guess is a diesel issue.

OP
OP
RJW10877

RJW10877

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Firefighter/ EMT
Just read your options ordered. It easily takes a month or more to inspect all of those. They have to push all the icons on the 8.4" , drive it over to their girlfriend's house to test the nav, see if their rears get hot with the cold weather, drive around to the JL plant to see if they can steal some steel bumpers for you. :LOL:

On the JL side there is a guy 26 days in inspection and only thing his dealer can guess is a diesel issue.
Hopefully they delete their travel history and roll back the ODO otherwise my wife will get suspicious. :CWL:

Seriously though, thank you for your help. I think it’s exactly the direction I needed. I do wonder if it’s a paint issue that’s hanging it up given all the issues they had with Granite Crystal before.

OP
OP
RJW10877

RJW10877

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Firefighter/ EMT
My gladiator is officially in JB status as of this morning. I’m guessing that means the joyriding is done and now the bed is getting sprayed. Hopefully not too long now.

OP
OP
RJW10877

RJW10877

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Firefighter/ EMT
KZ status as of this morning! It’s getting closer!
Sponsored