Sponsored

BrunoMiranda

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I just placed an order for a Bak Revolver 4Xs by callign the Bakflip website. The guy I spoke with told me they would offer a discount for the JTforum. While I'm extremely appreciative, I'm confused as to why he said that for the JTforum group the product will ship in 4-6 weeks and if I try to place an order online it says it will arrive between Sep 23rd - 28th. I asked if he knew why was that and he said "that's what the jtforum guy told me". Any advise on this? (I also havent received a confirmation order but already see a pending charge on my account)
Sponsored

OP
OP
RealTruck

RealTruck

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
RealTruck 3rd Party Sales Representative
Right now the X4s are taking about 4-6 weeks to ship out, this doesn't have anything to do with being forum orders only. The times on our site are averages for that manufacturer, not the particular item, I always provide the longest leads times I have seen so that when you are checking out with a rep we are not setting inaccurate expectations. When you call, chat, or reach out to me directly if the specific item you are inquiring about is not in stock we give the most accurate lead time per historical data, not the website's figures. Now, this product may ship out in a quicker time than quoted but I have no way of fully guaranteeing that as it all falls into where BAK is at with production. All these covers that are not in stock with us 9/10 times have to be built to order. We just try to set the most accurate expectation.

I try to always tell people that these may ship sooner than predicted but cannot fully guarantee that. My thought process behind this is if I tell you the 4-6 weeks, which is what I personally have seen in some cases, and the cover ships within 2-3 weeks you will be a lot happier than just going off of what the website has quoted and then not receiving it till 2-3 weeks later.

BrunoMiranda

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Right now the X4s are taking about 4-6 weeks to ship out, this doesn't have anything to do with being forum orders only. The times on our site are averages for that manufacturer, not the particular item, I always provide the longest leads times I have seen so that when you are checking out with a rep we are not setting inaccurate expectations. When you call, chat, or reach out to me directly if the specific item you are inquiring about is not in stock we give the most accurate lead time per historical data, not the website's figures. Now, this product may ship out in a quicker time than quoted but I have no way of fully guaranteeing that as it all falls into where BAK is at with production. All these covers that are not in stock with us 9/10 times have to be built to order. We just try to set the most accurate expectation.

I try to always tell people that these may ship sooner than predicted but cannot fully guarantee that. My thought process behind this is if I tell you the 4-6 weeks, which is what I personally have seen in some cases, and the cover ships within 2-3 weeks you will be a lot happier than just going off of what the website has quoted and then not receiving it till 2-3 weeks later.
I get it, makes sense. I definitely rather have an accurate shipping date than having you telling me that I would get it in 10 days and 2 months later the item is not here like it happened to me with Rugged Ridge until I canceled the order.
I placed my order on 9/14, it's been two weeks and the status still says Pending. I'm hopping to have it by the end of October or I might have to go with a different one since I have a trip in November.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RealTruck

RealTruck

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
RealTruck 3rd Party Sales Representative
I get it, makes sense. I definitely rather have an accurate shipping date than having you telling me that I would get it in 10 days and 2 months later the item is not here like it happened to me with Rugged Ridge until I canceled the order.
I placed my order on 9/14, it's been two weeks and the status still says Pending. I'm hopping to have it by the end of October or I might have to go with a different one since I have a trip in November.

For example, I have a customer that ordered on the 13th, just called BAK with his info and they said they are currently at about 20 business days. So by that information I predict yours will be about the same, in a weeks time shoot me a PM and I will personally reach out to BAK and get you an update!

nas4a

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S Diesel
Hi all - just adding an unsolicited review of Alex and my RealTruck experience. I just picked up my Jeep Gladiator a short time ago, but I started ordering parts from RealTruck just after I placed my order with Jeep.

Alex has been fantastic to work with and I've been very pleased with him and RealTruck. I ordered Fuel wheels, some lights, an X4S Tonneau, and some side-steps over the course of a few months. Great pricing and great communication throughout the process.

RealTruck will be my 1st stop for any future mods that they happen to sell. Just wanted to say thanks! I'll post some pictures of my truck once I get everything put on.

~Nick
Sponsored