Sponsored

Adams Graphene

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
Finally got around to adding protection to the JT. Bought the Adam's Graphene kit. First was a prep wash with Chemical Guys Clean Slate. Then used Adam's iron remover, clay bar, 1 stage polish with Meguiar's Ultimate Polish and Chemical Guys black finishing pad. Then Adam's IPA coating prep. Finally Adam's graphene coating. Paint looks absolutely wet.

This coating was extremely easy to use and very forgiving in regards to time. It flashes a lot faster than other ceramic coatings I've used, but it wipes off with nearly zero effort and no high spots. Prep is key! Clean, corrected, decontaminated paint makes for a very easy application. And it only took about 1/3 of the bottle to do the entire truck.

Going to let it cure for 2 days before applying Adam's Graphene spray coating as a topper.

Jeep Gladiator Adams Graphene glad1

Jeep Gladiator Adams Graphene glad2

Jeep Gladiator Adams Graphene adams
Sponsored

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE
I just picked up 303 Graphene. I did a full decon and correction on my dad's Ram and protected. Going to apply 303 on top of it as they claim virgin paint isn't needed.

I have GTechniq on my GT4 and Fiesta ST. If I like the 303 I'll do the Gladiator with it.

Appreciate you sharing this. Truck looks great and I'm interested to hear your ongoing thoughts of the Adams.

OP
OP
Riccochet

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just picked up 303 Graphene. I did a full decon and correction on my dad's Ram and protected. Going to apply 303 on top of it as they claim virgin paint isn't needed.

I have GTechniq on my GT4 and Fiesta ST. If I like the 303 I'll do the Gladiator with it.

Appreciate you sharing this. Truck looks great and I'm interested to hear your ongoing thoughts of the Adams.
So far so good. I kind of expected it to do good, at least initially. Dirt doesn't really stick, and what does rinses off with the foam cannon and pressure washer. Really impressed with the plastic protection. Nothing sticks.

mtngoat92081

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow, Mazdaspeed 3
Finally got around to adding protection to the JT. Bought the Adam's Graphene kit. First was a prep wash with Chemical Guys Clean Slate. Then used Adam's iron remover, clay bar, 1 stage polish with Meguiar's Ultimate Polish and Chemical Guys black finishing pad. Then Adam's IPA coating prep. Finally Adam's graphene coating. Paint looks absolutely wet.

This coating was extremely easy to use and very forgiving in regards to time. It flashes a lot faster than other ceramic coatings I've used, but it wipes off with nearly zero effort and no high spots. Prep is key! Clean, corrected, decontaminated paint makes for a very easy application. And it only took about 1/3 of the bottle to do the entire truck.

Going to let it cure for 2 days before applying Adam's Graphene spray coating as a topper.

Looks great! I have the bright white paint treated with graphene and although it looks great, it doesn't compare to darker colors.

I used the 303 spray on my fully decon'd JT and got same results, bug splats literally spray off with the just a regular garden hose nozzle.

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
As a complete novice to detailing cars, I have a couple questions. Detailer friend recommended Armor Shield for a coating but otherwise the process he advised sounds similar. This seems like something I might enjoy doing and verses the quarterly detailing costs, I expect there could be some serious savings over time.

Is there a certain amount of time I should wait before doing a coating on a brand new vehicle?

What type of polisher should I look for?

Is doing multiple coatings smart? If not does the coating go bad once it’s been opened?

What does a topper accomplish and how often should the Jeep be washed after? When washed are you doing the whole process again or just soap and more topper?

mtngoat92081

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As a complete novice to detailing cars, I have a couple questions. Detailer friend recommended Armor Shield for a coating but otherwise the process he advised sounds similar. This seems like something I might enjoy doing and verses the quarterly detailing costs, I expect there could be some serious savings over time.
Armour Shield gets a whole lot of great reviews by some of the top experts out there. I bought it myself, but went with the 303 Graphene on my JT. I'm planning to use the Armor Shield on another of my vehicles

Is there a certain amount of time I should wait before doing a coating on a brand new vehicle?
My JT was built in the beginning of November 2020, I took delivery in mid December, and I did the whole process in mid January. Some will tell you to wait months and others say 2-3 weeks. Paint usually fully cures in about 30 days so if you figure my JT was built and painted at the beginning of November, it would have been fine to do the coating when I took delivery. I waited a little longer as some have said the clear coat on these vehicles is a little soft. Either way, I say the sooner, the better.

What type of polisher should I look for?
Any random orbital polisher with variable speeds should do you fine

Is doing multiple coatings smart? If not does the coating go bad once it’s been opened?
Applying multiple layers will add to the protective layer of the product so yes, more layers should increase the longevity of the coating, although not necessarily much longer than the product claims. Keep in mind many of the products claim "UP TO" X months of protection. Applying more layers of the product will get you closest to that products claim of protection.

Yes, once the bottle of coating is open, most have a shelf life of only a few weeks.

What does a topper accomplish and how often should the Jeep be washed after? When washed are you doing the whole process again or just soap and more topper?
The top coat isn't necessary, but helps to keep the protective coating uniform and even. Some of the ceramic products recommend it to get the best and longest protection out of their products, others do not. I believe the armor shield does not require a topper.

I wash my vehicle maybe 1 or 2 times per month. The graphene coating makes it amazingly easy and quick to maintain. Bugs and sticky stuff literally rinses off. ( I use a pressure washer ) I might do in between washes if I have been up in the mountains in snow, or in the desert off roading. You do not need to go through the whole process of doing the coating again. Only washing and occasionally a topper or enhancer.

Hope that helps!! I see you're in San Diego too!

OP
OP
Riccochet

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toppers maintain the hydrophobic properties of the coating. All coatings will diminish their ability to bead water over time. That doesn't mean the coating is not protecting the paint any longer, just lost it's ability to bead water.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Wanna work together in mine when I get it and I’ll supply the beer, pizza and some really terrible jokes?

Armour Shield gets a whole lot of great reviews by some of the top experts out there. I bought it myself, but went with the 303 Graphene on my JT. I'm planning to use the Armor Shield on another of my vehicles

My JT was built in the beginning of November 2020, I took delivery in mid December, and I did the whole process in mid January. Some will tell you to wait months and others say 2-3 weeks. Paint usually fully cures in about 30 days so if you figure my JT was built and painted at the beginning of November, it would have been fine to do the coating when I took delivery. I waited a little longer as some have said the clear coat on these vehicles is a little soft. Either way, I say the sooner, the better.

Any random orbital polisher with variable speeds should do you fine

Applying multiple layers will add to the protective layer of the product so yes, more layers should increase the longevity of the coating, although not necessarily much longer than the product claims. Keep in mind many of the products claim "UP TO" X months of protection. Applying more layers of the product will get you closest to that products claim of protection.

Yes, once the bottle of coating is open, most have a shelf life of only a few weeks.

The top coat isn't necessary, but helps to keep the protective coating uniform and even. Some of the ceramic products recommend it to get the best and longest protection out of their products, others do not. I believe the armor shield does not require a topper.

I wash my vehicle maybe 1 or 2 times per month. The graphene coating makes it amazingly easy and quick to maintain. Bugs and sticky stuff literally rinses off. ( I use a pressure washer ) I might do in between washes if I have been up in the mountains in snow, or in the desert off roading. You do not need to go through the whole process of doing the coating again. Only washing and occasionally a topper or enhancer.

Hope that helps!! I see you're in San Diego too!

mtngoat92081

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wanna work together in mine when I get it and I’ll supply the beer, pizza and some really terrible jokes?
Not sure how much help I would be, I paid a guy to come and polish mine! I did the washing though and application. Always up for hanging out and talking Jeeps! When does yours come in?

Sponsored

Jeepin' John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JT Sport S
Occupation
Structural Engineer

Looks awesome! I've been gravitating toward ceramic products and currently have mothers cmx spray on my jeep. Really like the look but know the longevity isn't going be amazing. I have chemical guys hydroslick on a shelf in the garage, but i'm thinking about jumping past that and doing the adams graphene. Do you have any experience with the hydroslick to be able to compare it to the graphene? A buddy of mine did his truck with hydroslick and i couldn't tell much difference from the super easy mothers cmx i hastily applied and buffed off, looks wise. I'm sure it lasts longer, but wondering if it's worth bypassing hydroslick and going straight to graphene

OP
OP
Riccochet

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks awesome! I've been gravitating toward ceramic products and currently have mothers cmx spray on my jeep. Really like the look but know the longevity isn't going be amazing. I have chemical guys hydroslick on a shelf in the garage, but i'm thinking about jumping past that and doing the adams graphene. Do you have any experience with the hydroslick to be able to compare it to the graphene? A buddy of mine did his truck with hydroslick and i couldn't tell much difference from the super easy mothers cmx i hastily applied and buffed off, looks wise. I'm sure it lasts longer, but wondering if it's worth bypassing hydroslick and going straight to graphene
In my opinion the graphene is extremely durable. But that comes with a caveat. It's not very slick. It doesn't have that slick feeling like other ceramic coatings I've used. But, easily corrected with a good topper. I use Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic spray coating. You're going to need to use a topper anyways, about once a month or two, to maintain the hydrophobic properties.

Otherwise, I like it. The gloss is amazing, application was easy, used it on every surface.

Jeepin' John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JT Sport S
Occupation
Structural Engineer
In my opinion the graphene is extremely durable. But that comes with a caveat. It's not very slick. It doesn't have that slick feeling like other ceramic coatings I've used. But, easily corrected with a good topper. I use Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic spray coating. You're going to need to use a topper anyways, about once a month or two, to maintain the hydrophobic properties.

Otherwise, I like it. The gloss is amazing, application was easy, used it on every surface.
Thanks for the info!

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation

did you use both the adams graphene and the turtle wax on everything? forigve me if this is a dumb question but what about the dash board and door panels ?
Sponsored