Adam’s graphene anyone? w/ decals

redman43

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Sport S MaxTow White
Looking to coat the JT with Adam’s graphene spray coating. Anyone done this? Easy/hard to apply? How does it look? How does it hold up?

More generally speaking, is a coating like that ok on top of vinyl decals? Will the decals even adhere if a coating like that is already on?
@Underground Graphics - any thoughts/recommendations? I have some of your stuff that is waiting for install.
Sponsored

Jeepmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 1968 Chevy C10
It was fine on the stock decals on my JTR. Overall, it was okay. It didn't change the feel/texture of it on the decals. If you're planning on applying aftermarket decals, I would do that before applying the graphene.

The water repellancy on the paint only lasted about a week (the actual protection may have lasted longer). I clay barred it, and cleaned it really well prior to applying. I don't really care for it, especially for the amount of time for prep and application. If you lived close by, I would just give you the rest of it (about 80% of the bottle). I prefer the Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic spray. You might have better luck with the Adams. Good luck.

Brojave22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
ATC
I have had it on for 2 months so far with a lot of research, still repels water and dirt, best one out there by far. I wash my jeep 2 times a weeks, only used there touch up spray once. best stuff out there last months. I generally stay off the decals, just because I don't want to try to polish in-between the letters

Brojave22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
ATC

GreyfoxActual

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, Grand Cherokee L Summit
Occupation
Gov
There is a big difference between ceramic coatings and these ceramic sprays. One is a serum that is applied on a clean and prepped vehicle. These are like detail sprays that aren't bad for their intended use but its not like it is an actual ceramic coating. Watch some of obsessed garage's videos or go on their website to see how deep that rabbit hole goes.

Sponsored

Underground Graphics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undergroundgraphics.com
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, 21 Bronco
Occupation
Vinyl Graphics
Looking to coat the JT with Adam’s graphene spray coating. Anyone done this? Easy/hard to apply? How does it look? How does it hold up?

More generally speaking, is a coating like that ok on top of vinyl decals? Will the decals even adhere if a coating like that is already on?
@Underground Graphics - any thoughts/recommendations? I have some of your stuff that is waiting for install.
I've never head of this product, but if it's anything like ceramic coating, we definately recommend applying after decal installation. Once vinyl is applied, just make sure all edges are good and then you can add a coating.

Feel free to call if you have any questions!

Greg 713-783-4739

husker_fan

First Name
josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
silverado,suburban,grand cherokee
I would recommend Adams car shampoo, but not the graphene spray coating. It did not last long at all. On our regular cars I have either Gyeon or Kamikaze, but on my company car I didn't want to spend time or money and the Adams graphene spray was a waste of time.

I tried Meguiers hybrid spray and it is pretty good so far. I just spray it on after a wash every once in a while, has held up just as good as the Adams graphene with not much effort.

CivilJeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Diesel, 2022 4XE
Occupation
Engineer
I prefer the Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic spray.
I will second this. Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions have some really fantastic products on the market right now. I've been amazed at how well their waxes have held up.
Sponsored