First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys Sport
Occupation
Project Management
I am looking to install the same kit. How difficult was this to do? Any tips? What are your thoughts on the quick disconnect used in the kit?

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Hey guys I justed installed the A1Electric keyless entry on my 2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport. Im just not sure jow to tap into the horn in order to make it chirp when lock or unlock. Any help would be awesome.

(The system from A1Electric is a Avitatal 2101L)

Link - https://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AEOS&Product_Code=JE-JL-LK4
My first question is, "WHY?" I find that to be one of the most annoying features ever offered in automotive history...

My suggestion would be to use the parking light output through isolation diodes to also operate the horn, or use one of the system's auxiliary outputs to operate the horn.
I'd need to see the wiring diagram of the lock for more information.

Kevin

OP
OP

Nicomaeson

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Maint. Manager
I am looking to install the same kit. How difficult was this to do? Any tips? What are your thoughts on the quick disconnect used in the kit?
Im so so sorry for the super late response im pretty new to all this. Its was very and I mean very time consuming but not hard at all. Ill suggest buy a trim removal kit and have a friend help you and of course several beers. As fas as the quick disconnects they are descent and seem to be holding up good.

livewire_3020

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Maintenance Technician
Vehicle Showcase
if someone was to purchase an oem key with the buttons, do you know if this system allows you to program different controller? or do you have to use the ones that came with it?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Nicomaeson

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Maint. Manager
if someone was to purchase an oem key with the buttons, do you know if this system allows you to program different controller? or do you have to use the ones that came with it?
Never thought of that. Ill call a1electric.com and ask for sure and report back.

BGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Im so so sorry for the super late response im pretty new to all this. Its was very and I mean very time consuming but not hard at all. Ill suggest buy a trim removal kit and have a friend help you and of course several beers. As fas as the quick disconnects they are descent and seem to be holding up good.
I just picked up a 2022 Sport with manual locks. I also just purchased this kit from A1. How many hours would you estimate it took? I watched some YouTube videos and it looks pretty involved. But nothing too crazy. Also, howā€™s it holding up? Thanks

geneinhouston

First Name
gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys Ed. in PitchBlack
Occupation
Photographer/Travel Manager/Blue October promotions (best friends band!)
Was thinking about doing the sameā€¦ at least for the driver side. Cartoyz here in Houston charges about 550.00 for parts and labor for the first door then about 275.00 each door after. Iā€™m not the handiest person so not sure I could do this myself?! Haha! ?

Sponsored

BGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Was thinking about doing the sameā€¦ at least for the driver side. Cartoyz here in Houston charges about 550.00 for parts and labor for the first door then about 275.00 each door after. Iā€™m not the handiest person so not sure I could do this myself?! Haha! ?
The front doors are easy. As is wiring up the ā€˜brainā€™,especially if you have aux switches because then you would have a constant 12v hot lead and an ignition hot lead already inside the cab under the passenger foot well. The rear doors are a little more involved and Iā€™ve tried twice to do them and stopped. Because i felt like i was going to break something trying to get the inner door panel off. It looks as though there is a white plastic tab, connecting the inner door panel to the window mechanism which is preventing me from removing it fully. So Iā€™m gonna try again in the summer when maybe things are a little more warm and pliable. But I have the two front doors done and it works perfectly.

geneinhouston

First Name
gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys Ed. in PitchBlack
Occupation
Photographer/Travel Manager/Blue October promotions (best friends band!)
Awesome! It definitely makes sense to get it done so crossing fingers I have the same luck!
Sponsored