First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Will I have to drill holes? On each of the 4 arms that attach to the body bolts, there are 2 bolts that I’m assuming attach to the pinch weld/seam that runs along the body under the rocker. This is the 4-5 inch wide plastic sidestep. Thx.
Sponsored

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator; 2005 VW Passat TDI; Previous: 1978 CJ5; 1997 TJ Sport.
Will I have to drill holes? On each of the 4 arms that attach to the body bolts, there are 2 bolts that I’m assuming attach to the pinch weld/seam that runs along the body under the rocker. This is the 4-5 inch wide plastic sidestep. Thx.
I put aftermarket side steps on my 2020 JTS. I think there are 6 pre-drilled holes in that "pinch weld/seam". My aftermarket ones didn't use all these holes (I think it aligned with the front 2 and back 2). It would surprise me if the Overland steps you describe don't align with all the pre-drilled holes.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I put Rubicon rock rails on my Sport. All of the holes aligned nicely and I didn’t have to drill anything. I don’t imagine the Overland steps would be any different. If I recall correctly, there are 4 body mount bolts and 8 pinch weld bolts on each side.

Reactions: Mac

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I put Rubicon rock rails on my Sport. All of the holes aligned nicely and I didn’t have to drill anything. I don’t imagine the Overland steps would be any different. If I recall correctly, there are 4 body mount bolts and 8 pinch weld bolts on each side.
The oem steps use all the same holes, 12 on each side. They are very solid.

OP
OP

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Great replies. Thank you, everyone.

Sponsored

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
I put the side steps on my Sport. They bolt onto the existing holes. Very simple and just takes minutes. All hardware is included.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Should be eight bolts through the pinch welds and four on the bottom of the tub.
Sponsored