First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator North Edition
Occupation
Director of IT Services (Retired)
Does anyone know if/how it may be possible to add the Trailer Hitch Zoom feature to a 2020 Overland with automatic? Camera replacement or programming or both? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
It's already there. Just pull up the camera in the control panel and you will see in the upper left corner a button that will change the angle. You're welcome ;)

OP
OP

Dadzo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It's already there. Just pull up the camera in the control panel and you will see in the upper left corner a button that will change the angle. You're welcome ;)
With all due respect, actually, if that was true, I wouldn't be asking. I do not see the zoom button whether I engage the camera by shifting int reverse or launching it from the on-screen control panel.

The Overland is an automatic with no factory tow package. I added the Mopar Class III hitch and of course it has the factory trailer wiring. It has the 8.4" screen.

So my question remains; is it possible to add the Trailer Hitch Zoom feature to this build? I can attach the build sheet if anyone thinks there would be value in it. Thanks in advance.

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
With all due respect, actually, if that was true, I wouldn't be asking. I do not see the zoom button whether I engage the camera by shifting int reverse or launching it from the on-screen control panel.

The Overland is an automatic with no factory tow package. I added the Mopar Class III hitch and of course it has the factory trailer wiring. It has the 8.4" screen.

So my question remains; is it possible to add the Trailer Hitch Zoom feature to this build? I can attach the build sheet if anyone thinks there would be value in it. Thanks in advance.
Hmmm...I have the tow package on my Overland. So, it may be option specific. Check with your stealership and see if there's a programming option to have that show up on your screen. BTW...I have the 8.4" with the nav package so that might also be a difference...

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
Trailer hitch zoom definitely comes with the tow package, which explains why you donā€™t have it.

Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s an option you can turn on with a Tazer/JScan?

Sponsored

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD
My diesel rubi does not have the zoom feature. Would be nice to toggle that on. That being said. Iā€™ve never really taken more than 3 get-out-and-checks; without a camera.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if/how it may be possible to add the Trailer Hitch Zoom feature to a 2020 Overland with automatic? Camera replacement or programming or both? Thanks in advance!
If you did not get the factory Tow Package, you will not have the Zoom option. It is a feature tied to the VIN, so the dealer won't be able to just add it for you. It may be possible to enable it using AlfaOBD, Jscan, or a Tazer. Try a posting in the Programming section.

RedBearon

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Haven't come across that option in my Tazer Mini so I did a quick search of the instructions:
https://www.zautomotive.com/zpu/instructions/TazerJLMiniUserGuide1123.pdf

Doesn't look like a feature that can be activated by the Tazer.

Could be hardware dependent (though I would still think there would be software to accompany the change.)

I'd look at part numbers to verify.

RedBearon

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Actually now im not sure:
Jeep Gladiator Adding Trailer Hitch Zoom Feature Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 12.21.23 PM

I bet that enables the feature.. I'll try disabling it if it's enabled on mine and see if the zoom goes away (Tow Package from the factory so not sure if I can remove it).

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dadzo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Actually now im not sure:
Jeep Gladiator Adding Trailer Hitch Zoom Feature Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 12.21.23 PM

I bet that enables the feature.. I'll try disabling it if it's enabled on mine and see if the zoom goes away (Tow Package from the factory so not sure if I can remove it).
Thank you for checking into this. Hereā€™s hoping!

steelerfan74

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Question. If you have the tow package, does your video cover the full 7" display? Mine has black bars on either side. I do have the Zoom icon in top left. If I select it, it zooms down to where hitch would be. Just wondering if it is standard to have black bars on either side.

ArmyMP

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon "Betsy"
Occupation
Veteran
It's a programming thing. Dealer turns It on.

Just went through this with my PCM flash. Lost all my options. Dealer turned them back on.

steelerfan74

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
It's a programming thing. Dealer turns It on.

Just went through this with my PCM flash. Lost all my options. Dealer turned them back on.
Great! Thanks for the info.
Sponsored