Sponsored

AEV Brute/JT Offroad Camper

CorpCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Not surprising news but word is that AEV is doing its final production run of the Brute no doubt because of the JT pickup coming.

Apparently AEV has been working closely with Jeep on JT development and after the JT is out they will modify them. Someone on another forum said AEV will be removing the flat bed of upcoming JT's and building a replacement box to be used as an "extreme offroad camper" like this:

Expo-Jeep-Rubicon-awning-e1412052610867-mpduzzsfmcnhnry2ma86ku12asyena8miq7v2cre0c.jpg
Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if they will still sell the kits or kill all brute production (both conversions and parts)?

Good to hear they will have a MODs for the JL and JT right away.

Sport11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Autoblog reports that AEV intends to stop building Brutes after this year. And it will only take orders until March 31st.

The AEV Brute was always such a cool idea and fun to admire but the conversion was always overly expensive - $42 grand! And you still have to supply them with a Wrangler to use so that's at least $70-80k for a Wrangler pickup that's not even backed by factory warranty.

JTman

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JT to come
I wonder if they will still sell the kits or kill all brute production (both conversions and parts)?

Good to hear they will have a MODs for the JL and JT right away.
I know they AEV sells some JK bumpers etc but do they sell the individual parts of their Brute kit like the bed etc? I would think there's not many people skilled or daring enough to attempt this on their own.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I know they AEV sells some JK bumpers etc but do they sell the individual parts of their Brute kit like the bed etc? I would think there's not many people skilled or daring enough to attempt this on their own.
Yea you can buy the full kit and do the conversion (labor) your self.

Sponsored

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
Not surprising news but word is that AEV is doing its final production run of the Brute no doubt because of the JT pickup coming.

Apparently AEV has been working closely with Jeep on JT development and after the JT is out they will modify them. Someone on another forum said AEV will be removing the flat bed of upcoming JT's and building a replacement box to be used as an "extreme offroad camper" like this:

Jeep Gladiator AEV Brute/JT Offroad Camper Expo-Jeep-Rubicon-awning-e1412052610867-mpduzzsfmcnhnry2ma86ku12asyena8miq7v2cre0c
Love the concept, but this looks like it might be fiberglass; greatly prefer aluminum. AEV made a similar product I believe for a JK. platform...a one off...it was pretty cool. You can probably find on Utube.This is defintely more in line with what I am looking for when going fulltime overlanding. Others such as Alucab, Fifty-10 just don't seem to utilize the available space...ha, I say that and I'm looking at one exterior photo of the platform...what an ass.

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Holy crap... Talk about an old thread...

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Love the concept, but this looks like it might be fiberglass; greatly prefer aluminum. AEV made a similar product I believe for a JK. platform...a one off...it was pretty cool. You can probably find on Utube.This is defintely more in line with what I am looking for when going fulltime overlanding. Others such as Alucab, Fifty-10 just don't seem to utilize the available space...ha, I say that and I'm looking at one exterior photo of the platform...what an ass.
You R an Ass! But so am I. Love the concept...but like the Habitat, (or is it the Hobit) AEV just tickling us? Must be aluminum! Must be within length of bed (they might stretch like Brute)...but will they also increase ground clearance with an AEV quality lift? Yes, Dave Harrington, Bubba...WE ARE TALKING TO U!

Last edited:

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You R an Ass! But so am I. Love the concept...but like the Habitat, is AEV just tinkling us? Must be aluminum! Must be within length of bed (they might stretch like Brute)...but will they also increase ground clearance with an AEV quality lift? Yes, Dave Harriton...WE ARE TALKING TO U!
And it must be within GVWR of Gladiator Diesel for full time overlanding...make sure your bumpers, wheels and skid plates help you achieve this! Your products are amazing, just not light weight for overlanders and diesel builders! That's your challenge Dave, now build it; not for our wants or desires, but for our needs...and if you accept this challenge...I owe you a beer...maybe 2.

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Y’all realize this was a 2 year old thread, right?
You ever heard that there is no such thing as new ideas? Only old ideas revisited....just revisiting some old ideas.
Sponsored