Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Any TJ owners here? Anyone remember the AEV Brute conversion? Years ago when AEV first came out with this, I wanted it for my TJ SO bad. But was young and unable to afford much then. Now, they're basically unobtanium. I wish I could get one still..... My personal opinion is, modified, it would be even better than the JT. Anyway, I just happened to come across this a few minutes ago and thought folks here would appreciate seeing it. It's not the greatest video, and quite short. But still nice to see them side by side.

Sponsored

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
The JK Brute was my bucket list Jeep and I imagine a major influence in the design of the JT. Nice find

OP
OP
chorky

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Yeah I think your right. Jeep was eyeballing what AEV did on the Jt for a while. And I seem to recall reading about the JK conversion ending sooner than what AEV planned due to the redesign. Then not long after Jeep had the first drawings of the Gladiator concept out.

WestwallNF104A

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Antique dealer
One of my good friends owns a Brute. Awesome vehicle, he also owns a Mojave as his daily driver.

Having driven both, there is no doubt that the Brute was the blueprint for the Gladiator.

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JT Mojave, '23 GC Summit Reserve,'23 AEV JL370
Build Thread
Link
The Brute was my introduction to AEV. Been a fan of AEV since. Remember when Jeep was selling the Brute kit through dealers? There is still a fair desire for a 2 door Brute like Gladiator, but probably not enough for production.
Sponsored