Aftermarket taillights and blind spot sensor

Peteyzoo

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Cracked my original LED taillight so bought an aftermarket set. Love them except didn’t think about the blind spot sensor being housed inside the originals. Anyone have success installing the sensor into a new set of aftermarket lights? I’ve grown to really appreciate that feature and don’t want to give it up. I never saw aftermarket lights that advertised having the BSW either.
Sponsored

Outback_Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired Civil Engineer
Same here, I have Oracle flush mounts and the blind spot sensors were easy to install.

OP
OP
Peteyzoo

Peteyzoo

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Same here, I have Oracle flush mounts and the blind spot sensors were easy to install.
Thanks for the feedback guys. Did you actually remove the sensors from the original taillights and transfer them into the Oracle units?

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Yes, they just unscrew out and go into the Oracles if you have that brand, I assume others have that option also , as that would be one of the safety things I would not delete or skip connecting.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Peteyzoo

Peteyzoo

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Made the switch this weekend and it was simple. The aftermarket units had the bracket and plug for the sensor all ready to go so that made it easy. Thanks for the tips. Glad I was able to keep the new lights AND the sensors.

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
Which set of tail lights did you get? Any pics?

Someone tapped my drivers rear light and tailgate in a parking lot somewhere a while back and I'm still shopping for a set. Don't really want to spend the price of a full set of aftermarket just to get one LED oem mopar light... lol

But oddly enough I am probably one of the few that enjoy the squared off bugged out look of the OEM lights. The Oracle lights seem like good quality but I don't like how it makes the rear end look like a Ford.

OP
OP
Peteyzoo

Peteyzoo

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Which set of tail lights did you get? Any pics?

Someone tapped my drivers rear light and tailgate in a parking lot somewhere a while back and I'm still shopping for a set. Don't really want to spend the price of a full set of aftermarket just to get one LED oem mopar light... lol

But oddly enough I am probably one of the few that enjoy the squared off bugged out look of the OEM lights. The Oracle lights seem like good quality but I don't like how it makes the rear end look like a Ford.
Same here, one that got cracked, the other is fine. Installed Wolfstorm sequential LED's. Got an all-new, more interesting set of aftermarket lights for way less than a single OEM replacement. Will probably put the one stock unit up on eBay to get most of my money back.

OP
OP
Peteyzoo

Peteyzoo

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Same here, one that got cracked, the other is fine. Installed Wolfstorm sequential LED's. Got an all-new, more interesting set of aftermarket lights for way less than a single OEM replacement. Will probably put the one stock unit up on eBay to get most of my money back.
jeep taillight closeup.jpg

Sponsored

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
That's funny! I was looking at the same set but couldn't confirm if they would take the blindspot sensor or not.

I may have to pick up a set. They look good.

OP
OP
Peteyzoo

Peteyzoo

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
They still are working great. Happy I got them.
Sorry for the late response.
Sponsored