Air compressor

gsxr310

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR & JTR
I would splurge and get the 450p @ 100% duty cycle. Or if you can’t, I would just settle on the 88p.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I had this it was good no issues ever i gave it to my son who still has it, i wanted something faster so Got ARB twin

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I would splurge and get the 450p @ 100% duty cycle. Or if you can’t, I would just settle on the 88p.
I like the Viair 440p better, it is faster than the 450p. It is a full 3 cfm and the 33% duty cycle does not matter if you are filling tires. I have had mine for years, my second truck with it and it is fantastic. It can fill the stock Rubicon 33 inch mud tires from 19 psi to 38 psi in approx. 1 min. 40 seconds. It does get hot and slows down about 5 seconds between tire 3 and tire 4, but, you are only talking about 8 min. max of work and you have to switch it between tires. So, you can fill up 2 trucks easy before you hit 33% duty cycle. It does get hot, and you cannot just put it back into the bag without letting it cool off a little, but, I am always the first guy with his tires filled up. The 440p is a bad mutha.

PS. I always thought the 450p was just a "detuned" 440p -- ie. less cfm --- to give you that magic 100% duty cycle that we all crave, but, in this case, I believe it hurts you rather than helping you -- if you are just filling tires.
Sponsored