Sponsored

Alpine PSS-23WRA experiences

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
First off.. Yes I know it is grossly overpriced for what it is.

I had intended to get the Alpine system & a 5" display as I am not a fan of uConenct (was going to add the Alpine x409 restyle kit which is even more overpriced) & instead I ended up with a 7" & no Alpine upgrade.

I am really unhappy with both parts. The 7" display really only because its missing wireless CarPlay so I have a c2play adapter on the way which will hopefully live in the center console to hold me over until Alpine gets its act together & adds Wireless Carplay to a restyle kit (or until any other suitable head unit becomes available with the features I am looking for).

The actual sound to me was nearly impossible to hear with the freedom tops off going about 60 & with them on it felt like it was lacking in both high's & low's. So its no surprise to me that Alpine specifically addressed both with there little kit.

So for those that have it already how is it other then the price. I know I am paying about 300 bucks for the harness, but I really like the idea of having the super simple install that takes an hour & ends up much cleaner then I would be able to do myself in 8 hours. Plus the Sub is in about as good of a spot as I could hope for as I dont really wanna loose the long storage behind or under the back seat. Where as under the front seats I only ever end up with old pop bottles.

I have already ordered the system from quadratec so I am going to get the 200 rebate making it an 1100 dollar upgrade, but I was wondering if anything else should be addressed. Specifically after giving them more power are the stock speakers sufficient for balanced sound (I listen to rock 99% of the time, but I wanna hear the top hats & the bass drum's).
Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
What's the point of wireless Carplay? You really should be keeping your phone charged while using it, so just plug it in and do both at the same time. Lipo batteries do best when not deeply discharged, and mapping uses a lot of power.

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
I do like the wireless carplay in my Audi - but it has the charging mat so I don't then have to plug in phone.

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
What's the point of wireless Carplay? You really should be keeping your phone charged while using it, so just plug it in and do both at the same time. Lipo batteries do best when not deeply discharged, and mapping uses a lot of power.

Because I dont like plugging my phone in. I want to be able to leave it in my pocket & get in & go. Outside of the car I dont ever plug my phone in because I use wireless charging everywhere else & I will make a solution for the car as well if it becomes an issue. As it is right now I rarely see my phone below 97% charged so if it drains in the car its not a bad thing.

Plus I dont keep phones long enough for the batteries to wear down so I am not at all worried about the longevity.
Sponsored