Alu-Cab Canopy Camper Buildout | Tinyrig

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
YouTube
This week at Tiny Rig Co we walk you through a 2022 AEV Built Deisel Jeep Gladiator. We discuss the utility and capability of the Jeep Gladiator platform, as well as the fantastic fitment of the Alu-Cab Canopy Camper on the Gladiator itself. Leave us a comment and let us know if you think the Gladiator is the best all around vehicle for overlanding.

Sponsored

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Gladiator Rubicon
This canopy camper is something that I am also looking at. The first iteration is probably going to be screens, a Dickerson propane heater and the rear camera relocation kit.

For anyone who has worked on these before: how easy is it to add power/gear boxes/solar after the fact? Will I have to worry about removing the entire ensemble to add things on later?

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
Definitely not - it’s easy to work inside. I got zero options at install and have been working through electrical bit by bit. It’s pre-wired for solar (unless you buy a much older camper used, apparently) and the solar wiring is quality and ready to go.

In fact I had to re-do my installer’s work for the brake light; they’d just tapped a turn signal. Easy to do it right from the trailer or tailgate harness, and my electrical work is honestly better than theirs. So I wouldn’t have any FOMO

OP
OP
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
YouTube
This canopy camper is something that I am also looking at. The first iteration is probably going to be screens, a Dickerson propane heater and the rear camera relocation kit.

For anyone who has worked on these before: how easy is it to add power/gear boxes/solar after the fact? Will I have to worry about removing the entire ensemble to add things on later?
The beauty about this Canopy Camper is you can start with the bare minimum and build as you go. Alu-Cab offers a ton of bolt on accessories to build to your own style of living/camping. The Canopy Camper comes prewired for solar and integrated lights, making powering the unit a breeze. I personally have one on my Truck as well and I absolutely love it.

Although the video below is a tacoma, Daniel walks you through whats included and electrical options for the Canopy Camper. I hope this helps!

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Yeah but there are also lighter options out there. With the same DIY build out options.

Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
YouTube
This week at Tiny Rig Co, we built out a 2023 Jeep Gladiator with some goodies from Alu-Cab, Goose Gear, National luna, AEV and GP Factor. Be sure to subscribe and tune in to our new Tiny Builds Series.

Options Selected by Customer :
5' Canopy Camper 19+ Gladiator Black
Alu-Cab LHS Shadow Awning
Alu-Cab Shower Cube
Alu-Cab Push Button Lock Cover
Alu-Cab Rear Door Molle
Alu-Cab Rear Molle Plates
Alu-Cab Screen Kits
Alu-Cab Side Door Grid Canopy Camper
GP Factor Full Width Drop Table Cutting Board
Alu-Cab Table and Table Bracket
Alu-Cab 13 Gallon Water Tank For
Canopy Camper
GP Factor Side Window Kit (Pizza Delivery Hatch)
Canopy Camper Hest Mattress
Full Goose Gear Canopy Camper Build Goose Gear | Gladiator Seat Delete | 40% low / 60% high w/ Sub National Luna 52L | Single Compartment Best Electrical
Canopy Camper With Dual Solar Panels
ARB Twin Compressor W/ 813 Fabrication Mounts Hellwig Sway Bar AEV Dual Sport RT (Diesel)
Feel free to call or visit our location for more information: Phone: (657) 400-2009
Address: 6346 Industry Way, Westminster, CA 92683 Website: http://www.tinyrigco.com

DR.

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator JT370
We just picked up a pre-owned Gladiator with a Canopy Camper to replace a TinyRigCo built Power Wagon with an Alu-Cab Cabin, the larger version of the Canopy. This is our seventh rig over the years, each with a different combination of built by me versus bought.

By far the biggest reason we have gone with an Alu-Cab camper is it can be sealed, and no one does a better job of sealing the entire camper than TinyRigCo. Other wedge camper options that retain the truck tailgate will never seal completely. You will forever be fighting dust intrusion.

These campers are sealed extremely well from the factory and TinyRigCo makes sure all seams between the truck and camper, including the panels that replace the tailgate allow no dust, water, or even light through. When I picked up my rig, they even joked it could function as a submarine.

OP
OP
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
YouTube
We just picked up a pre-owned Gladiator with a Canopy Camper to replace a TinyRigCo built Power Wagon with an Alu-Cab Cabin, the larger version of the Canopy. This is our seventh rig over the years, each with a different combination of built by me versus bought.

By far the biggest reason we have gone with an Alu-Cab camper is it can be sealed, and no one does a better job of sealing the entire camper than TinyRigCo. Other wedge camper options that retain the truck tailgate will never seal completely. You will forever be fighting dust intrusion.

These campers are sealed extremely well from the factory and TinyRigCo makes sure all seams between the truck and camper, including the panels that replace the tailgate allow no dust, water, or even light through. When I picked up my rig, they even joked it could function as a submarine.

Doug!
We appreciate your kind words and looking forward to working with you again in the near future.
Cheers to many more adventures with your new Jeep Gladiator.

George (Bustabeatgeorge)

Reactions: DR.

Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
YouTube
Today at Tiny Rig: We outfit a Hellcat-Swapped Jeep Gladiator with an Alu-Cab Canopy Camper. The customer chose to start rather modest, and plans to add additional accessories, over time. Follow along as we walk you through this build.

Leave us a comment and let us know if you think a Hellcat-swapped Gladiator can be a practical build for adventure?

Feel free to call or visit our location for more information:
Phone: (657) 400-2009
Address: 6346 Industry Way,
Westminster, CA 92683

OP
OP
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
YouTube
This week at Tiny Rig Co we built out a 2023 Jeep Gladiator with some goodies from Alu-Cab, AEV, Baja designs and Switch pros. Follow along as we walk you through this build out, and be sure to subscribe and tune in to our new Tiny Builds Series.

Feel free to call or visit our location for more information:
Phone: (657) 400-2009
Address: 6346 Industry Way,
Westminster, CA 92683

OP
OP
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
YouTube
We just finished installing an @alucab_usa Contour Canopy on this Jeep Gladiator. The customer opted for side windows, along with our portable battery electrical solution to power the integrated lights. Additionally, they chose 1450mm load bars with low-profile mounts to mount their rooftop tent.

tempImagetRiyKC.png
Sponsored