Sponsored

Am I crazy?

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
Happy Gladiator owner here... have a 2020 Sport S that I picked up in July. Had a JL previously, but traded that in for the Gladiator after helping renovate a home my girlfriend purchased.

It was more of an impulse buy at the time (needed a truck bed, didn't want to give up the fun of a JL) so I was limited to what was on the lot. Love it, bed is big enough for what I need and I enjoy driving it.

But... I've had my eye on this one for some time now: https://www.actonchryslerdodgejeepr...ladiator-027f8b160a0e0adf0c447112d9bb6de8.htm

I believe it's been posted for quite some time now... I love everything about it. I think the exterior color is catchy, the interior color is a perfect compliment, it has all of the packages I wish I got in my Sport S, and the EcoDiesel. Do I need it? No. Is it way more expensive than what I paid for my current Sport S? Yes.

But I just want it... not sure what I could get the price down to, but am I crazy?
Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Not crazy at all friend.
I wanted a diesel aswell but had to trade the jku in on a deal I couldn’t pass on. I have my max tow but I regularly look for a good deal and dream of upgrading. Im actually getting my first pull behind on Friday so how the max tow does at...towing...will be the deciding factor.

but for now ill be like you and habitually look at them and dream

shyoung1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave(SOLD) 2023 F350 Superduty
Happy Gladiator owner here... have a 2020 Sport S that I picked up in July. Had a JL previously, but traded that in for the Gladiator after helping renovate a home my girlfriend purchased.

It was more of an impulse buy at the time (needed a truck bed, didn't want to give up the fun of a JL) so I was limited to what was on the lot. Love it, bed is big enough for what I need and I enjoy driving it.

But... I've had my eye on this one for some time now: https://www.actonchryslerdodgejeepr...ladiator-027f8b160a0e0adf0c447112d9bb6de8.htm

I believe it's been posted for quite some time now... I love everything about it. I think the exterior color is catchy, the interior color is a perfect compliment, it has all of the packages I wish I got in my Sport S, and the EcoDiesel. Do I need it? No. Is it way more expensive than what I paid for my current Sport S? Yes.

But I just want it... not sure what I could get the price down to, but am I crazy?
Heck no, you’re not crazy!
But what if you are, we won’t tell anyone!

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I habitualy drive though dealership lot and look... In case I hit the lottery. But fully knowing I'm not buying anything else right now.

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Life is too short to not get what you want

Sponsored

DiverDaddy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Max Tow
Occupation
Electronics Tech
I say, CRAZY if you don't!! If, of course, it's financially achievable. It's a beautiful truck.

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
Sharp JT, I have my JTR and am extremely happy with it. Other wise I might have been looking at exact same truck, maybe bought it before you! If it is a viable option for you to purchase that? Hell yeah!

OP
OP
FutureOdin

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
:LOL:

I can definitely take the depreciation bite... the real question is, am I getting a good deal? It doesn't seem like they want to budge on the price that's listed. Looks like the $1500 cash incentive ends at the end of this month as well. Pull the trigger? Wait? I know this one has been on the lot for some time...

Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Heck no, you’re not crazy!
But what if you are, we won’t tell anyone!
We’re nothing if not enablers...

HjStrater

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Operations
Vehicle Showcase
My 2 cents. If you are wishing you had different features on your current ride but gave in to what was on the lot once, don't do it again. Fill out a build sheet with exactly what you want and send it off to one of the dealers people use on here that consistently seem to get 6-8% off invoice and see how the $$ compare.

OP
OP
FutureOdin

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
You're right... but this checks all of the boxes (and then some). And then I don't have to wait for it to be built... call me impatient.

Dealer brought price down to $51,569, but only giving $34k on the trade in, when I realistically want to get that as close as possible to $37k, which might not be possible given the trade-in value for my truck.
Sponsored