First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Was really hoping for a really cool drone but can’t make up damn mind on which path to go down. 😳😞

I had DJI Mini, bought Air 2 and before I opened it up Air 2S came out, past return period of course. Really depends on what you need, I've seen some pretty good deals on gently used Air 2.

Sponsored

awraynor

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician Assistant

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
RE: soft shackles

What size amsteel do you recommend? $50 is nice to save 10 minutes but I would just assume make my own. Hammock site I usually buy it from has sizes from 7/64 to 7/16.

breaking strength
5/16" 13.7k average / 12.3k minimum
3/8" 19.6k avg / 17.6 min
7/16" 23.9k avg / 21.5 min

I figure the soft shackle should be the "weak link" in any set up so that if something is going to give, at least it only weighs a couple grams. The soft shackles use a doubled section of rope so the breaking strength is going to be higher than that shown (up to 150%).

Seems like most of these places selling them are going with 7/16 or larger but that really seems like overkill. Do you really want 30k+ of tension??? Not that I want it to break, either...

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

DLAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Nissan Pathfinder, '08 Honda Civic, '12 Honda CR-V, '16 Honda Odyssey, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Predicting the future
Chemical guys bucket is 30 dollars off. Also several good deals on Jackery.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PGQTNR6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
IMHO, I don't think Chemical Guys is a good product or generally a good name brand you can trust. I must have about 12 of their products and everything "wet" is not that good. So I just wanted to throw out my 2 cents for anyone looking to purchase their first big detailing kit.

I love the buckets with the dirt screens and the wash mitt is a winner. But that is not unique to CG.

All the soaps, cleaners, ceramics, polishes and sealers are just not quite worth it, when you can get much more professional results for the same money in other brands.

Their Honeydew soap is not very forgiving when trying to dry without streaks and spots. The Diablo wheel cleaner doesn't seem to do anything special. I recently stripped, clay bared, ceramic coated and finally tried their Jetseal sealer. The sealer went on easily, but I don't feel like it had lasting effects and I wasn't impressed with the depth of shine it provided.

Also, if you are new to detailing and want to learn about all these steps, Chemical Guys is a nightmare. Their products are insanely confusing by having several products that do similar things without any explanation on why you would choose one over the other. I think it's just a scam to make people collect their products like baseball cards.

Check out Wilson Auto Detailing on youtube. That dude really knows his stuff and is very realistic about what DIY people should be doing.

Sponsored

n8leav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Eco

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
Jeep Gladiator Amazon Prime Days Deals? B6A4CB5E-3E86-4D38-B044-7670B72664CC

Stubby arrived today! Along with the NOCO Jump Starter and Survival Shovel.

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
Jeep Gladiator Amazon Prime Days Deals? B6A4CB5E-3E86-4D38-B044-7670B72664CC

Stubby arrived today! Along with the NOCO Jump Starter and Survival Shovel.
Stubby antennas are really underrated. I've seen a few posts about relocating the antenna into the windshield pillar and covering the antenna hole with a trail rated badge and I'm heavily considering it.

JeepGladRubi

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LR Defender, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon
IMHO, I don't think Chemical Guys is a good product or generally a good name brand you can trust. I must have about 12 of their products and everything "wet" is not that good. So I just wanted to throw out my 2 cents for anyone looking to purchase their first big detailing kit.

I love the buckets with the dirt screens and the wash mitt is a winner. But that is not unique to CG.

All the soaps, cleaners, ceramics, polishes and sealers are just not quite worth it, when you can get much more professional results for the same money in other brands.

Their Honeydew soap is not very forgiving when trying to dry without streaks and spots. The Diablo wheel cleaner doesn't seem to do anything special. I recently stripped, clay bared, ceramic coated and finally tried their Jetseal sealer. The sealer went on easily, but I don't feel like it had lasting effects and I wasn't impressed with the depth of shine it provided.

Also, if you are new to detailing and want to learn about all these steps, Chemical Guys is a nightmare. Their products are insanely confusing by having several products that do similar things without any explanation on why you would choose one over the other. I think it's just a scam to make people collect their products like baseball cards.

Check out Wilson Auto Detailing on youtube. That dude really knows his stuff and is very realistic about what DIY people should be doing.
I'm a detail nut and completely agree with you regarding Chemical Guys. Best products out there by far (in my opinion) are from Griots.... https://www.griotsgarage.com/

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic

I haven't had any issues so maybe it's just you?
Sponsored