• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Texas AMP Bed Step - Broken in 4 months

Tom Fry

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Real estate Brokerage
Has anybody had issues with the AMP bed step? After 4 months, with tailgate down, I stepped on the bed step and it broke off, with my left leg hitting the open tailgate. Luckily I wasn't hurt, but it could have been bad. It says it's rated for 300 lbs, I'm 160, so that isn't it.
Sponsored

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S, '17 Camaro SS, '10 BMW 328
Build Thread
Link
I don't have it but where did it break? That would be the biggest thing on getting a refund... did the actual step break? or did it rip off where it was supposed to be mounted?

OP
OP
Tom Fry

Tom Fry

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Real estate Brokerage
It ripped out of the step where the 3 (only 3!) screws attach to the step. 4 Wheel Parts in Dallas installed it. They already said they would reorder because I bought their 3 year warranty. And I wonder if they installed it wrong. Using those 3 holes, put the step further toward the tailgate.

C0B538B5-CB6F-4E09-B9FB-FC3D0D1AFC98.jpeg

5DCB14DE-5016-4786-80FE-3543A9E5A75E.jpeg

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
Looks like they installed it wrong. It should have been the center 3 mounts not on the end. That may have given you the extra leverage to break it. Sorry.

Speedy_12139

First Name
Kenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500, 2011 BMW 335i, (Potental) '21 Rubicon
Occupation
Construction & Renovations
Looks like they installed it wrong. It should have been the center 3 mounts not on the end. That may have given you the extra leverage to break it. Sorry.
Its designed to be mounted in the center, left offset, and right offset. as per their instructions...

Such a shame, cause for the price of that little step. It had better be damn near bulletproof. Actually, I was on the understanding that they were cast alunimum :movember: Then again, i never looked at them in much more detail after i saw the price ahaha

Imo, that's a poor design anyways, having what looks like 3 m6 screws just threaded into some thin plastic. I get its keyed to fit, but damn.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tom Fry

Tom Fry

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Real estate Brokerage
Its designed to be mounted in the center, left offset, and right offset. as per their instructions...

Such a shame, cause for the price of that little step. It had better be damn near bulletproof. Actually, I was on the understanding that they were cast alunimum :movember: Then again, i never looked at them in much more detail after i saw the price ahaha

Imo, that's a poor design anyways, having what looks like 3 m6 screws just threaded into some thin plastic. I get its keyed to fit, but damn.
I thought it was installed incorrectly also. Only 3 screws doesn’t seem to be an engineering design! I’ll get my new one and this time make sure it’s at least installed properly. Could have some injury liability if they’re not more careful.

rmerkushen

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I will never buy AMP products again. Had AMP research steps in my JKU and went through three motors. Poor design all around. Upgraded to RSE steps in JT, hoping they will hold up.

Sorry for your trouble, try contacting AMP. They are good with warranty part replacement.

OP
OP
Tom Fry

Tom Fry

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Real estate Brokerage
Oh no! I got their power steps also. On both of them I got the installers warranty too. Double coverage I guess and maybe I’ll need it. So much research to do before buying the Gladiator and the add-ons. I consider myself lucky picking the Willys just because I liked the throwback to a WWII Jeep! Dumb luck. I also wanted a light/duty truck and a convertible to replace my Buick convertible. Had no clue to all of the different configurations and two different dealers were zero-helpful! Thank God I don’t really need the serious off-tossing of the Rubicon or Mohave. Really like the Willys so far and have not seen another in the DFW area so far.

OP
OP
Tom Fry

Tom Fry

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Real estate Brokerage
Oh no! I got their power steps also. On both of them I got the installers warranty too. Double coverage I guess and maybe I’ll need it. So much research to do before buying the Gladiator and the add-ons. I consider myself lucky picking the Willys just because I liked the throwback to a WWII Jeep! Dumb luck. I also wanted a light/duty truck and a convertible to replace my Buick convertible. Had no clue to all of the different configurations and two different dealers were zero-helpful! Thank God I don’t really need the serious off-tossing of the Rubicon or Mohave. Really like the Willys so far and have not seen another in the DFW area so far.
Damn auto-correct...off-roading, not off-tossing!

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
My purchase was dumb luck, too. I had been looking at JT's but found it easy to talk myself out of it until I saw one in "Snazzberry" maroon. That did it. There were exactly 2 within 50 miles of Columbus, a Willys and a High Altitude. The High Altitude was wa-ay out of my price range. Didn't know all that much about the trim levels at the time. The Willys has everything I need and nothing I don't. Except maybe the auto start/stop, lol.

OP
OP
Tom Fry

Tom Fry

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Real estate Brokerage
Mine has the Auto Stop/Start. Wish it didn't. I accidently left an accessory on and discharged the battery. After jump starting it and running it 4-5 times, the Auto Stop/Start icon was lit up on the dash with ! and the button did not function. Took it into the dealer. They said it has a separate battery and it never recharged. Had to order a new Auto Stop/Start or battery for it, not sure. Covered under warranty.
Sponsored