First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Defense Contractor
Is there a potential to mount items (shovels, maxtraxs, etc.)on outside of side doors? I'm speaking of the windowless variety. There are molle panels inside can they be mounted on the outside as well? This would be the best of both worlds: a cap with rack like mounting capability. Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
Is there a potential to mount items (shovels, maxtraxs, etc.)on outside of side doors? I'm speaking of the windowless variety. There are molle panels inside can they be mounted on the outside as well? This would be the best of both worlds: a cap with rack like mounting capability. Thanks
The SmartCap EVOa Adventure Series has double-walled stainless steel Gullwing doors, which come with gas struts that have a load capacity of approximately 25 lbs. We have had some of our customers add mounting brackets for their gear on the outside of the doors. If you scroll through our social feeds or #rsismartcap hashtag, you're sure to see some of them there.

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
The SmartCap EVOa Adventure Series has double-walled stainless steel Gullwing doors, which come with gas struts that have a load capacity of approximately 25 lbs. We have had some of our customers add mounting brackets for their gear on the outside of the doors. If you scroll through our social feeds or #rsismartcap hashtag, you're sure to see some of them there.
Are doors interchangeable between the Sport version and the Adventure Series? Would love to swap one of my glass Sport side doors for a solid EVOA door so I could add traction board mounts (driver side would be perfect as you don't see much through that one anyway.....)

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Are doors interchangeable between the Sport version and the Adventure Series? Would love to swap one of my glass Sport side doors for a solid EVOA door so I could add traction board mounts (driver side would be perfect as you don't see much through that one anyway.....)
Although there has been discussion about an interchangeable door program, one has not yet been established. It is possible that we'll roll one out in the future, and if we do, you'll want to make sure you sign up for our email list – The Tribe (https://www.na.rsismartcap.com/join-the-tribe). Any product releases or updates will go out to that list first.

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Although there has been discussion about an interchangeable door program, one has not yet been established. It is possible that we'll roll one out in the future, and if we do...
Thanks for responding. What I understand you saying is that there is nothing in the design that would prevent it from working, correct?
I understand there isn't a current pathway through you to make that happen....

Sponsored

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for responding. What I understand you saying is that there is nothing in the design that would prevent it from working, correct?
I understand there isn't a current pathway through you to make that happen....
Yes, that is correct.

905_gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Just placed an order for my RSI Cap from a vendor here in Canada lets see how long it takes...I'm going to assume it should be here April or so? EV0600-MB

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Just placed an order for my RSI Cap from a vendor here in Canada lets see how long it takes...I'm going to assume it should be here April or so? EV0600-MB
Congrats on getting your order in, and thank you for choosing SmartCap!
Your dealer estimate of April is in line with our current production schedule. Please keep in mind that we are dealing with many variables in the manufacturing process, but are working diligently to ramp up production as much as possible.
Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing that SmartCap atop your rig very soon!

zy1337

First Name
Zy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
See below for specific answers.
1. Is the vent taller than the mounting rails? The pic makes it look that way but I don't think it really is. Yes, the Positive Pressure Air Vent is slightly taller. The Roof Rails are 20mm high and Air Vent is 30mm).

2. What is the dimensions of the Bins and the MOLLE panels inside them?
Please review the attached drawings that show all dimensions in mm. Also note, the MOLLE panels are the same size on both the Full-Bin that comes with 2 panels and the Half-Bin that comes with one.

3. Are the Bins free-standing inside the bed, or do they have supports that go to the bed floor?
They are supported by stainless steel bolts around the perimeter of the gullwing door opening.

4. What side are the dimensions of the drawers in the Drawer Bin?
Please review the attached drawings that show all dimensions in mm.

5. Is the Drawer Bin only available on the driver's?
Yes, and the Camp Kitchen is a passenger right side mount.

1 Full Bin Dimensions Front View.png

2 Full Bin Dimensions Side View.png

3 Drawer Bin Dimensions Front View.png

4 Drawer Bin Dimensions Side View 1.png

5 Drawer Bin Dimensions Side View 2.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 1.57.20 PM.png
Hi! do you have a drawing for the actual smartcap?

Sponsored

Brekka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, 2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Have many units been making it to US soil recently? I've had an order in with MainLine Overland for an EVOa since December. They've been responsive, I know they're waiting for it just like I am.

Any current estimates for EVOa arrivals? My slight complication is, I'm moving 500 miles away from my ordering dealer at the end of March, so getting a little nervous!

Toten Unterhosen

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Hey @SmartCap -- I see you are telling some folks here that a late December 2021 order will get them a cap in April of 2022. That's neat. Only 4-months! How about those of us that ordered from resellers found on your website as official resellers (turns out supplied by Keystone Automotive and not RSI directly) and haven't seen a cap that was ordered and paid for in full in late July/early August of 2021? I was originally told it was in the Sept/Oct 2021 shipment. Then it was late November. Then it was in port and needed to clear customs and would surely have it by EOY 2021. Well, it's mid-March 2022 and no Smartcap Evo Sport. Seven and a half months. And, since November, I can't get an update and everyone up the chain is pointing at you. What say you?

Don't get me wrong. I think you guys have a great product and appear to have provided some great service to some customers. But from my perspective, going on an 8-month wait after multiple missed promises, I'm frustrated, annoyed and out $3700 for vapor-ware.

Maybe it's you, maybe it's your vendor network (or at least a sub-set of it). In either case, you've got a serious issue with delivery, communication and proper expectation setting.

Brekka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, 2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Hey @SmartCap -- I see you are telling some folks here that a late December 2021 order will get them a cap in April of 2022. That's neat. Only 4-months! How about those of us that ordered from resellers found on your website as official resellers (turns out supplied by Keystone Automotive and not RSI directly) and haven't seen a cap that was ordered and paid for in full in late July/early August of 2021? I was originally told it was in the Sept/Oct 2021 shipment. Then it was late November. Then it was in port and needed to clear customs and would surely have it by EOY 2021. Well, it's mid-March 2022 and no Smartcap Evo Sport. Seven and a half months. And, since November, I can't get an update and everyone up the chain is pointing at you. What say you?

Don't get me wrong. I think you guys have a great product and appear to have provided some great service to some customers. But from my perspective, going on an 8-month wait after multiple missed promises, I'm frustrated, annoyed and out $3700 for vapor-ware.

Maybe it's you, maybe it's your vendor network (or at least a sub-set of it). In either case, you've got a serious issue with delivery, communication and proper expectation setting.
I'm in that December 2021 order crowd, so I feel your pain. Having an order from the Summer of 2021 would be infuriating. Doesn't give me much hope, to be honest. I foolishly believed Mainline Overland when they said 60-ish day order turnaround, given they were coming from South Africa. Now Mainline Overland isn't returning my emails, and I'm moving 8hrs away from their store this week.

Sounds like I'll see mine sometime around Christmas if I'm lucky, maybe.

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Have many units been making it to US soil recently? I've had an order in with MainLine Overland for an EVOa since December. They've been responsive, I know they're waiting for it just like I am.

Any current estimates for EVOa arrivals? My slight complication is, I'm moving 500 miles away from my ordering dealer at the end of March, so getting a little nervous!
We greatly appreciate your support and your patience. We have shipments containing EVOa SmartCaps arriving intermittently over the next several months. That said, we aren't able to know if your cap will be included in one of those shipments.
Just so you are aware, all SmartCap products are sold through our exclusive North American distributor and their dealer network on a first-come, first-served basis. Even products sold through our website are transacted and fulfilled by our distributor. Because of this, we are not privy to information regarding individual customer orders. To get updates on the status of your order, please remain in contact with Mainline Overland, as they will have the most current info on your specific order.
We certainly appreciate your business, and look forward to seeing that SmartCap atop your rig – almost as much as you do!

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)

Thanks very much for reaching out. Please know that we hear you, we feel your pain, and we sincerely apologize for the delays and frustrations you've experienced. We are doing everything within our power to get our products from South Africa as quickly as humanly possible.

With regards to the timelines you were given originally, when they were quoted, we were working with the information we had at the time, and that is what we communicated to the dealers that sell our products. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), the overwhelming popularity for our products, coupled with the unprecedented supply chain issues, has created an incredible backlog of orders, and in turn requires patience and understanding from our customers.

Just so you are aware, all SmartCap products are sold through our exclusive North American distributor and their dealer network on a first-come, first-served basis. Even products sold through our website are transacted and fulfilled by our distributor. Because of this, we are not privy to information regarding individual customer orders, and therefore it is not possible for us to tell you (or anyone else) which shipment their specific order would be on. Your dealer will be the best point of contact to get information on the delivery date of your specific order.
Thanks again for your comments, and your patience and understanding. We look forward to seeing a SmartCap atop your rig almost as much as you do!
Sponsored