Anyone else running Ripp supercharger?

Eme

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gator green
I have installed a ripp supercharger on my new Gladiator, performance is great but the squealing noise in unbearable. I have changed from the stock belt which make the supercharger sound like someone is taking a ball pein hammer to the inside to also 2 other lengths of belts. So far I have not been able to get rid of the squeak totally in the system. A bit disappointed by it considering the cost. So far ripp has been a bit helpful but mainly they come up with the supercharger being defective. I have spoke to them extensively and from the testing and noise coming from the supercharger I don't believe this is the problem. There other theory is if the belt is aligned properly but if you have one of these setups I am not sure how they could be no lined up.

Does anyone else use this supercharger and if so do you have any ideas how to help?
Sponsored

Cburgess33

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator rubicon and 2018 Rubicon JL
I sometimes get an intermittent squeak on first start but definitely its not unbearable and doesnt happen enough to bother me. The supercharger itself was noisy during the break in but now its just the normal whine and suction that a charger produces - some people dont like this but its not a problem for me . Have u broke in the charger yet? I have couple thousand miles on mine and so far love it . I did have an issue with the out of the box tune - it was running rich but now have that dialed in for my altitude as well....

OP
OP

Eme

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gator green
I sometimes get an intermittent squeak on first start but definitely its not unbearable and doesnt happen enough to bother me. The supercharger itself was noisy during the break in but now its just the normal whine and suction that a charger produces - some people dont like this but its not a problem for me . Have u broke in the charger yet? I have couple thousand miles on mine and so far love it . I did have an issue with the out of the box tune - it was running rich but now have that dialed in for my altitude as well....
I as well have about 2000 miles on it. A couple of questions:

Did you install yourself:

Did you use the stock belt they sent:

When we tried to install the belt that was sent there was no way you were going to get it on, with 2 people and the tensioner pegged out it was not going to go on.

Roctavious

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Hello,
I too have a RIPP supercharged JT. I had this issue for almost a year, changed idler pulleys, tried belt dressing and finally RIPP told me to re-align the stock idler pulley bracket (they supply a relocation spacer in the kit). I took the belt off, loosened the bolt and it moved ever so slightly into place. This eliminated the squeal for about a month then it came back. I repeated the process with lock tight this time and haven’t had issues yet. Hope this helps!

River2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 sport s - 2018 Gx460 - 1992 SC400
Occupation
Construction
Put just a touch of dielectric grease on the belt and see if it stops the squeal. That will let you
Know if the SC is bad or not.

River2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 sport s - 2018 Gx460 - 1992 SC400
Occupation
Construction
Hello,
I too have a RIPP supercharged JT. I had this issue for almost a year, changed idler pulleys, tried belt dressing and finally RIPP told me to re-align the stock idler pulley bracket (they supply a relocation spacer in the kit). I took the belt off, loosened the bolt and it moved ever so slightly into place. This eliminated the squeal for about a month then it came back. I repeated the process with lock tight this time and haven’t had issues yet. Hope this helps!
This is great info! I’m in the process of swapping the tensioner now due to this. If the noise comes back this is my next option to try
Sponsored