Sponsored

Anyone found Yakima bars/mounts that fit into the Gladiator Trail Rail system?

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
What awning are you running and how did you attach it to the crossbars?

The backing nuts that are included are actually a long bar with the threads in each end. You cannot install it into the trail rail without unbolting the trail rail to gain clearance. You could probably cut the bar But I did not bother to see if it would’ve made it possible to R&R without unbolting the trail rail.

Give it time, Yakima or someone else will come up with a setup that works without all of the hassle..
Gotcha, yeah I already have the Thule setup which required a slight modification to the mounting feet, but once done it's now about a 5 minute job to install or remove the rack.
Sponsored

rjs-az

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Rubicon, '16 4Runner Trail
I was annoyed by the Yakima trail rail kit having a long bar that basically rendered all of the space in between the adapters unusable. So I found some T slot nuts on Amazon to use instead. Unfortunately, they were M8 threads while the screws in the Yakima kit were M10. A <$10 M10 tapping bit and some elbow grease and I was able to re-thread the 8 nuts and mount the rails.

I did cut one of the vertical anchors as reported earlier to handle the fuel bump. I plan to go back and cut the rest, too, so I can mount the BuiltRight bedside racks that are, as I type, in a box on my front step ☺.

016198-E5-77-B5-4-EB7-A917-CCD366-E9-CA0-F.jpg

8121-F6-C7-5-F0-A-4-C2-D-A939-E3-B130-EFF921.jpg

Reactions: aai