First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon.
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Anyone live in Ohio? I live near Cleveland and hoping a member on here is running 35's or 37's so I can see what it looks like in person.
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
I'm in Ohio, but a little further South (Columbus area). I ordered my JTR and will be putting on KO2 35's with (I hope) the AEV Dualsports. That may not be until after Christmas, though.

On a related topic, where do you wheel in the CLE area? I'm sick of the same old trails here in central Ohio...

R0BSTR0SITY

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
HVAC-R
I'm in Ohio, but a little further South (Columbus area). I ordered my JTR and will be putting on KO2 35's with (I hope) the AEV Dualsports. That may not be until after Christmas, though.

On a related topic, where do you wheel in the CLE area? I'm sick of the same old trails here in central Ohio...
I live in northcentral Ohio (~30 min. south of Sandusky, ~30 min. north of Mansfield). I am also interested in any nearby trails. I have made trips to Holly Oaks off road park (~15 min. north of Detroit, MI) and other out of state trails. Really wanting to find some trails that are more local.
@OHJeeper I know you said you are tired of the trails near you, but I would be interested in checking them out.

On a different but kind of related topic, we should try to plan some Gladiator/Jeep meet-ups. I have read the thread ( https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/great-lakes-gladiator-rally.16176/ ) in the "Great Lakes" section about a meet-up for the whole region. I think the last meet-up was at the Jeep Camp event in Wisconsin a few years ago. That looked really fun, thanks to all of the effort to rally forum members and provide many laughs @steffen707 ! I know that Ohio has Jeep Fest in Toledo, and Michigan has Detroit 4Fest at Holly Oaks, and Pennsylvania has the Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival. I would like to attend these events, but also think it would be cool if we organized some meet-ups that were more "low-key," hit some trails and select a cool restaurant that is nearby said trails/meet-up and grab a meal after wheeling. As far as location, doesn't necessarily have to be in Ohio, but was wanting to start "small" hopefully gain some traction after a few meet-ups around the state showcasing what different forum member's local trail spots have to offer. I know there are several Jeep clubs in the state and quite a few Gladiator forum members from all over the Buckeye State. I am unaware of any Ohio Jeep clubs that are specifically JT only (please respond if there is) maybe there will be an Ohio JT club in the near future! ;)
Would be awesome if anyone interested in this idea or has any other related ideas would respond and spread the message to your Jeep clubs, other Jeep or off-roading forums, ect... Participation in any meet-ups definitely does not require driving/owing a Gladiator or Jeep (just pushing for any fellow Ohio JT owners from this forum to speak up if they are interested.) Any and all "trail riding," "wheeling," "off-roading," ect... enthusiast is welcome!
After a few Ohio meet-ups, would also be cool to plan a larger meet-up including other "Great Lakes" forum members. I can guess that @steffen707 would be on board to help plan/set-up a meet-up bridging JT forum members from this region.

AAAAAANNNNNDDDDDD I just realized I hi-jacked this thread, so I will start a new thread here: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/beginnings-of-ohio-jt-jeep-club.50778/

that hopefully will get the attention of other Ohio/"Great Lakes" forum members that are interested.

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
AAAAAANNNNNDDDDDD I just realized I hi-jacked this thread, so I will start a new thread here: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/beginnings-of-ohio-jt-jeep-club.50778/

that hopefully will get the attention of other Ohio/"Great Lakes" forum members that are interested.
I'll reply over there for starting a JT club ;)

On the original topic, I ride about an hour south of Columbus, near Chillicothe. There is a Jeep club here that is really good. Lots of good people/families, trails (and groups) from beginners to advanced and we have a few JT's in the group already:

https://www.midohiojeepers.com/

I really like the trails (the one in my JL Forum profile pick is aptly named "waterfall" although it was dry in this pic) but would like to try something new. Maybe "sick of" was too strong of a word... :)

They also do a Jamboree, I think yearly

Last edited:

Sponsored

JoeInOh

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Model 3 & 2022 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Firefighter/paramedic
Local VW bus club does a Kelly's Island campout annually. Ferry after ferry loaded with old VWs. They take over the island. It would be pretty cool for Jeeps to do to. No trails that I know of but would be neat to see some overland setups being used.

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '21 JLU 80th | Past '20 JTR, '18 JLUR
Local VW bus club does a Kelly's Island campout annually. Ferry after ferry loaded with old VWs. They take over the island. It would be pretty cool for Jeeps to do to. No trails that I know of but would be neat to see some overland setups being used.
There is a Put-In-Bay Jeep invasion in either July or August.

JoeInOh

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firefighter/paramedic
There is a Put-In-Bay Jeep invasion in either July or August.
That would be perfect. It was really cool to see old VW buses totally fill the ferries over to Kellys. a literal boatload of JTs would be cool too. I will look into a 2022 date for this and post.

- Joe In Oh.

Sponsored

JoeInOh

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firefighter/paramedic
FYI, the FB group "Ohio Jeep Gladiators Owners" is planning a meet-up at Southington Off-Road park on 4/3. If you join the FB group you can find the details and comments for the trip.
Sponsored