Sponsored

Anyone planning on going to the Overland Expo West in Flagstaff?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for posting the link - didn't realize it's back on next month. Do they give you enough space for parking and a tent for camping?

Redruby

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Yes there is enough room to put up a tent but it does get crowded, I’m a volunteer and last year we had a record number of attendees and will also have a huge crowd this year.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Yes there is enough room to put up a tent but it does get crowded, I’m a volunteer and last year we had a record number of attendees and will also have a huge crowd this year.

Thanks. As much as I'd like to go I'm allergic to crowds of human beings. I'll just go camping somewhere else

Sportsbiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Digital Experience Program Manager
Thanks. As much as I'd like to go I'm allergic to crowds of human beings. I'll just go camping somewhere else
I'm like you man. I was there in 2019 and the camping area was far too people'y for my taste. Back to OP's question, I will likely attend, but not camp on site.

Sponsored

Runamuck

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
We are going. Still trying to decide on camping, but probably will camp on site.

OP
OP
mcolbyb

mcolbyb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Ive camped there a few years now. Its definitely "Festival" camping where you camp close to people. Normally I wouldn't want to camp like that, but its actually a great way to meet people and learn about what they've done to their vehicle. If you're on the fence, it's worth giving it a shot. Keep in mind its the most respectful group of campers known to man. Haha.

hazards280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Mojave, 19' Giulia, 64' Cobra
I would be there, but I'm getting married the following weekend so travelling is a bit of a no go right now. Something about not getting hurt. 🤔

A buddy of mine works for REDARC and I was hoping to surprise him by showing up at their booth.

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
I’m going & camping off-site as well.
ive never been - anyone have tips or recommendations around how to enjoy & get the most out of the event?
Is it a good place to buy gear (discounts)?

Sponsored

OP
OP
mcolbyb

mcolbyb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I’m going & camping off-site as well.
ive never been - anyone have tips or recommendations around how to enjoy & get the most out of the event?
Is it a good place to buy gear (discounts)?
Definitely download the Overland Expo App and see if there's any free classes or technology reviews your interested in going to. I always try to walk the show then go back and spend a bunch of time at the places I want to learn more from. Plenty of good food too.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
I have never been to an Overland expo. Whenever I see videos from people attending such expos, I see a lot of extremely expensive, custom RVs, extremely expensive off road trailers, very expensive roof top tents and assorted expensive gear. Is there anything interesting and affordable to see at these events? For example, I would like to see various lift kits, which I could install myself on a Wrangler or Gladiator, and talk with the vendors. I don't recall seeing such vendors at overlanding expos, but maybe I missed it.

Do these expos have lighting vendors like Oracle and KC? Or radio vendors? It would be really nice to see and demonstrate such things before dropping coin online.

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
I have never been to an Overland expo. Whenever I see videos from people attending such expos, I see a lot of extremely expensive, custom RVs, extremely expensive off road trailers, very expensive roof top tents and assorted expensive gear. Is there anything interesting and affordable to see at these events? For example, I would like to see various lift kits, which I could install myself on a Wrangler or Gladiator, and talk with the vendors. I don't recall seeing such vendors at overlanding expos, but maybe I missed it.

Do these expos have lighting vendors like Oracle and KC? Or radio vendors? It would be really nice to see and demonstrate such things before dropping coin online.
Based on the vendor booth lineup there are a lot of accessory vendors attending. I’m like you - not planning on spending thousands more. Talking to others that have gone it sounds like fun and worthwhile to attend.

OP
OP
mcolbyb

mcolbyb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon

I remember most nights they did lighting demos. I've seen the Baja Design light demo and learned a lot. There is truly everything. If your budget is big enough there will be someone there to sell you something. I do think there was reasonable vendors going.

Here's a list from the website: https://www.overlandexpo.com/sponsors-exhibitors/overland-expo-west-2021/
Sponsored