1996XJ

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee , 2021 JTMojave (punjabi), 22 gobiator
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
My biggest thing is that the friends I last went with drive super fast through all those trails almost like it's a race. Not cool considering I have all my gear and my dogs getting launched everywhere with the bumpiness. On the flip side, can cover a lot of ground that way in short amounts of time.
Bet your Mojave handled like a dream compared to my Rubi.
The mojave did great but i didnt think to bring a compressor so i didnt have the chance to air down, so it probably could of been smoother if i aired down.
Sponsored

Iamstubb

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I am guessing that 5th picture is the dropoff.

The Chiweenie recovery team is one of the funniest things I have seen in a while!

OP
OP
1996XJ

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
I am guessing that 5th picture is the dropoff.

The Chiweenie recovery team is one of the funniest things I have seen in a while!
Yes sir the drop off was actually very easy if you stay tight to the right. If you want a challenge and have plenty of lift you could try the middle with all the articulation but i opted not to.
Thanks for the Chiwee love!

woffman5

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2021 JLU 4xe
Occupation
U.S. Navy LDO (Nuclear Power)
I had seen a video of a stock Rubicon JT doing sandstone canyon. I didnt think to look up and see if anyone in a JT attempted the squeze in pinyon canyon though. Im going to look that up tonight and see.
The squeeze is doable, just find the line. We got through in the stock JTRD with a little rock rash on the rear passenger fender and passenger door handles. There are a few good videos of how folks have lined up and made it through with and without damage on YouTube. We did way more damage to the wife's JLU 4xe with the factory MOPAR lift and 35s than the stock JTRD (broke the passenger mirror, rashed the front passenger wheel, lots of paint left behind from the rear passenger fender) because I put her on a bad line when spotting her through.

Honestly, that's the least of the challenges IMHO. The waterfalls are tight, your wheelbase is long, and you will drag on the skid plates, cross members, rock sliders, and Uhaul skidplate (receiver hitch if you leave it in). Heart attack hill was way less sketchy in the JTRD than the JLU, though. That's despite my dumba** coming down on the right side and crossing over midway down in the JTRD. Stay on the left side. It looks like you'll smash the passenger side, but (with a good spotter and line) you won't. Maybe a little slide on the passenger rock slider, but that's what they are there for! Yeah, I'm one of those guys. It has skid plates and sliders for a reason, that reason is so I can drag them over rocks! It's a full day trip, for sure. Lots of hiking and picture opportunities! The JTRD is at Kearney Mesa CDJR waiting on a new fuel system (Thanks a f*cking lot Bosch and your POS CP4 fuel pump), but we are always down for a trip in the 4xe! Hit me up, we'd love to go break some sh*t, I mean wheel with you!!

OP
OP
1996XJ

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
The squeeze is doable, just find the line. We got through in the stock JTRD with a little rock rash on the rear passenger fender and passenger door handles. There are a few good videos of how folks have lined up and made it through with and without damage on YouTube. We did way more damage to the wife's JLU 4xe with the factory MOPAR lift and 35s than the stock JTRD (broke the passenger mirror, rashed the front passenger wheel, lots of paint left behind from the rear passenger fender) because I put her on a bad line when spotting her through.

Honestly, that's the least of the challenges IMHO. The waterfalls are tight, your wheelbase is long, and you will drag on the skid plates, cross members, rock sliders, and Uhaul skidplate (receiver hitch if you leave it in). Heart attack hill was way less sketchy in the JTRD than the JLU, though. That's despite my dumba** coming down on the right side and crossing over midway down in the JTRD. Stay on the left side. It looks like you'll smash the passenger side, but (with a good spotter and line) you won't. Maybe a little slide on the passenger rock slider, but that's what they are there for! Yeah, I'm one of those guys. It has skid plates and sliders for a reason, that reason is so I can drag them over rocks! It's a full day trip, for sure. Lots of hiking and picture opportunities! The JTRD is at Kearney Mesa CDJR waiting on a new fuel system (Thanks a f*cking lot Bosch and your POS CP4 fuel pump), but we are always down for a trip in the 4xe! Hit me up, we'd love to go break some sh*t, I mean wheel with you!!
Damn thats crazy! I plan on going back. If i do anything that is going to damage my rig i think ill bring the Sport S i ordered yesterday. I will let you know maybe some other members would be interested from the SD area. I know it sounds like a non jeep dude thing to say but i would crap my pants if i jacked up my mojave bad on a rock.(so would my wife she thinks its hers :) ) I want one nice vehicle for once in my life lol! My cherokee has all sorts of road rash and dents on it, but she isnt 4x4.

Sponsored

woffman5

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2021 JLU 4xe
Occupation
U.S. Navy LDO (Nuclear Power)
Damn thats crazy! I plan on going back. If i do anything that is going to damage my rig i think ill bring the Sport S i ordered yesterday. I will let you know maybe some other members would be interested from the SD area. I know it sounds like a non jeep dude thing to say but i would crap my pants if i jacked up my mojave bad on a rock.(so would my wife she thinks its hers :) ) I want one nice vehicle for once in my life lol! My cherokee has all sorts of road rash and dents on it, but she isnt 4x4.
I'm just hard on equipment! I don't plan on keeping the factory fenders on long term, so some rock rash and paint left behind are no big deal to me. Even the wife has accepted that if we use them, they are going to get some scrapes and scratches.

We're always down for a trip, set up for rocks and overlanding, and love going out to AB! Especially if you want to do a night run on Diablo and camp in Fish Wash! That trip is a blast in the dark! The trip we did Pinyon in the 4xe we ran Diablo the night before in both Jeeps and set up camp in the wash. Got up the next morning, left the JTRD (why pick up camp if you're coming right back!), did Pinyon, and were back at camp by about 1500 in the afternoon. Stayed that night and rolled out the next day. I carry a generator and a table top pellet smoker (there's a lot of room in two Jeeps, even with two adults, two kids, three dogs, and two roof top tents) and we eat good when we're out!

OP
OP
1996XJ

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
I'm just hard on equipment! I don't plan on keeping the factory fenders on long term, so some rock rash and paint left behind are no big deal to me. Even the wife has accepted that if we use them, they are going to get some scrapes and scratches.

We're always down for a trip, set up for rocks and overlanding, and love going out to AB! Especially if you want to do a night run on Diablo and camp in Fish Wash! That trip is a blast in the dark! The trip we did Pinyon in the 4xe we ran Diablo the night before in both Jeeps and set up camp in the wash. Got up the next morning, left the JTRD (why pick up camp if you're coming right back!), did Pinyon, and were back at camp by about 1500 in the afternoon. Stayed that night and rolled out the next day. I carry a generator and a table top pellet smoker (there's a lot of room in two Jeeps, even with two adults, two kids, three dogs, and two roof top tents) and we eat good when we're out!
Damn a night run sounds like crazy fun. Ill let you know if we head out there again and see what you are up to. Pinyon also sounds like fun but i want to go with someone who has done it before i need to get some experience under my belt.

Iamstubb

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Damn a night run sounds like crazy fun. Ill let you know if we head out there again and see what you are up to. Pinyon also sounds like fun but i want to go with someone who has done it before i need to get some experience under my belt.
I'm in North County and am just re-rediscovering AB. I spent a day last weekend doing the trails and hikes in Blair Valley. Managed to be alone at dusk and lose the hiking trail down Ghost Mountain from Marshal South house. Thought I might be spending the night out there! Thinking about Mud Caves in addition to what you did here. So I could be in for something as well. I replaced the rock sliders with the tubular side steps so my folks could get in more easily, but I kept them and could swap them out if I was going to need them.
Jeep Gladiator Anza Borrego, Blair Valley,Diablo Drop Off, Fish Creek 20220409_174858

Jeep Gladiator Anza Borrego, Blair Valley,Diablo Drop Off, Fish Creek 20220409_135800

Jeep Gladiator Anza Borrego, Blair Valley,Diablo Drop Off, Fish Creek 20220409_150316
Sponsored

Last edited: