Sponsored

Arcus Bumper - Which Skid?

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
So I got tired of looking for a new front bumper, going back and forth. The Arcus was never my favorite but it was always in the top 3-4. It was also the cheapest by far. Today I found it on sale for like $460 with free shipping so I just decided to grab one. I figure at least it’ll replace the ugly plastic factory junk and if I decide I don’t like it or something better comes out, I’m not into a $1000 and it’ll be easy to resell due to their broad appeal. My only question is which skid plates can I use with it? My Sport S didn’t come with one so I’ll need to purchase something. Is a factory metal one an option? Who sells an aftermarket that will work with the RR Arcus? Thanks.
Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
So I got tired of looking for a new front bumper, going back and forth. The Arcus was never my favorite but it was always in the top 3-4. It was also the cheapest by far. Today I found it on sale for like $460 with free shipping so I just decided to grab one. I figure at least it’ll replace the ugly plastic factory junk and if I decide I don’t like it or something better comes out, I’m not into a $1000 and it’ll be easy to resell due to their broad appeal. My only question is which skid plates can I use with it? My Sport S didn’t come with one so I’ll need to purchase something. Is a factory metal one an option? Who sells an aftermarket that will work with the RR Arcus? Thanks.

Not sure about mounting points in the sport, but I can confirm this bumper works with the stock rubicon skid plate, in fact is one of the few that does. Might be able to find a rubicon take off cheap as your best bet for one.

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
I also have the Arcus bumper and my stock steel Rubicon skid plate that came with the factory plastic bumper bolted right up to its original mounting points and the factory front skid brackets.
IIRC, the skids are different between the Rubicon steel winch bumper, and the Rubicon plastic bumper. So, I am not sure if the factory steel bumper skid would work.
So, if you are sourcing a take off skid plate, make sure it is from the factory plastic bumper.
Sponsored