John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
Im running the Arcus with the over rider bar and the X2O 10k winch, except I have the synthetic line. It’s a great looking combination on these Gladiators!

D675D546-E359-4D6E-9D9F-2B6B5C5B62A4.jpeg
I just installed the same bumper and winch. How did you mount the control box on top? When I put my grille back, I couldn't bolt it back on. It does kind of stick in place but was wondering if your is mounted securely.
Sponsored

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
Warn VR series, stock Rubicon skid plate. Installed it with Maximus-3 tow loops for flat towing the Gladiator behind the motorhome. The RR provided bolts were not long enough to go all the way through the beefy Maximus tow loops, so I swapped them out for some longer grade 8 bolts. I later added some cheapo amber cubes. They don't ice up like the stock leds.

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Arcus Bumper MaximusArcus

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Arcus Bumper bo avail

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Arcus Bumper jt icecubes

Eazye

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Information Technology
I just installed the same bumper and winch. How did you mount the control box on top? When I put my grille back, I couldn't bolt it back on. It does kind of stick in place but was wondering if your is mounted securely.
Same issue as you, I used some fairly beefy zip ties through the front brackets and looked them through the winch body and tightened them down. There just isn’t t enough space for that control box, which was ok since the rear set screws were frozen and weren’t usable. I have off roaded it once like that and Han no problems.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Curious how you guys routed your power and ground cables for your winch. I haven’t finalized mine yet. I wanted them in front of the PS pump, up along the wheel well, under the air box and In between the battery and fender but I run out of cable.

Sponsored

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
Curious how you guys routed your power and ground cables for your winch. I haven’t finalized mine yet. I wanted them in front of the PS pump, up along the wheel well, under the air box and In between the battery and fender but I run out of cable.
I removed the air box, ran the cables up just behind the grill, across the bottom where the air box sits, then along the fender to the battery. Just a little less than 12" extra by the time I got to the battery.
Still need to install some kind of battery disconnect. In case of a front end collision, and because some people like to touch things that aren't theirs these days.

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Same issue as you, I used some fairly beefy zip ties through the front brackets and looked them through the winch body and tightened them down. There just isn’t t enough space for that control box, which was ok since the rear set screws were frozen and weren’t usable. I have off roaded it once like that and Han no problems.
Thank you. That is what I’m going to do. Thought I may have missed something. Thanks again.

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone changed the fairlead without removing the bumper? I bought a red one and the more I look at it, looks like lips. I think I want to put the silver one on it.
I can’t unsee it.

11AB7C1E-E208-4E41-9F13-35BF082DC4B8.jpeg

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Has anyone changed the fairlead without removing the bumper? I bought a red one and the more I look at it, looks like lips. I think I want to put the silver one on it.
I can’t unsee it.

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Arcus Bumper 11AB7C1E-E208-4E41-9F13-35BF082DC4B8
Yes it does. Agree, it’s got to go.

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I can’t unsee it.
I think it would be hard to do. You could try taking off the over-rider bar, then loosening up the 8 front bolts at the hooks to try to be able to pull the bumper shell forward enough to get to the bolts for the fairlead.

Sponsored

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yes it does. Agree, it’s got to go.
I may be able to get it with an angled wrench. I get my tag mount tomorrow. It will cover most of it. I’ll change it out after Christmas.

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
I can’t unsee it.
Yes. I put on a RR license plate holder. It fits between the fairlead and the bumper. Need small fingers or long needle nose to get the nuts back on the bolts.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I can’t unsee it.

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Arcus Bumper 11AB7C1E-E208-4E41-9F13-35BF082DC4B8
Yep I did. I removed mine and painted it black. I only had to remove the rope from the winch to get it off.

jtforrester

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I have my Arcus bumper but am still waiting on my Warn VR EVO 10,000 pound winch. I think I read somewhere that I should wait until I get the winch so I can install it on the bumper before installing the bumper/winch assembly on my truck. Is that the correct/best method? Or can I go ahead and install the bumper now and install the winch later when it arrives without having to remove the bumper?

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I have my Arcus bumper but am still waiting on my Warn VR EVO 10,000 pound winch. I think I read somewhere that I should wait until I get the winch so I can install it on the bumper before installing the bumper/winch assembly on my truck. Is that the correct/best method? Or can I go ahead and install the bumper now and install the winch later when it arrives without having to remove the bumper?
Wait. Otherwise you will need to pull the shell of which is a bitch to mount. Depending on how much you drive and how much you care I actually removed my stock one and drove around with just the frame of it in mine for a while while I was playing around with things. Would speed up your future install since removing and gutting the stock one takes a while.
Sponsored