First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
What good are covers to keep your seats looking nice, when they are covered and you cannot see how nice they are?
That's always been my logic. All of the covers shown here have obvious cover issues that look worse than the seats themselves. I just don't get it, so after seeing a bunch of pics and seeing some Jeep seat covers in person, my answer to OP is "no way."

A friend had his seats professionally recovered in leather, and that looks as good as OEM. So not really covers, but a new replacement skin.
Sponsored

OP
OP

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security

Bunchahoopla

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
That's always been my logic. All of the covers shown here have obvious cover issues that look worse than the seats themselves. I just don't get it, so after seeing a bunch of pics and seeing some Jeep seat covers in person, my answer to OP is "no way."

A friend had his seats professionally recovered in leather, and that looks as good as OEM. So not really covers, but a new replacement skin.
To each their own, my PRP seat covers in my opinion look waaaay better than stock. The only way they do not look OEM are the center console and if you look closely under the headrest you can see they are covers but after they settle in, they look like professional. That’s what’s great about Jeeps, you can build them how you want....I didn’t want leather due to the cost and I knew I could get covers for half the price...not to save the cloth...to help with using the Jeep everyday, kids etc. basically easier to clean and maintain while in my opinion looking better than stock. We are all entitled to our own opinion but going back to the OP, seat covers are worth it if that’s what YOU want!

OP
OP

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security

To each their own, my PRP seat covers in my opinion look waaaay better than stock. The only way they do not look OEM are the center console and if you look closely under the headrest you can see they are covers but after they settle in, they look like professional. That’s what’s great about Jeeps, you can build them how you want....I didn’t want leather due to the cost and I knew I could get covers for half the price...not to save the cloth...to help with using the Jeep everyday, kids etc. basically easier to clean and maintain while in my opinion looking better than stock. We are all entitled to our own opinion but going back to the OP, seat covers are worth it if that’s what YOU want!

Never thought this topic would be so back and forth. Valid points on both ends. But I do agree the right seat covers can really improve the look. Im not that fond of the red stitching on the rubicon seats to tell you the truth.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well I'm for seat covers since I have a new vehicle. I don't want to stain and tear them up or just flat out wear holes in them from getting in and out. Spilled coffee, mustard and ketchup will blot out of cover better than the seat. Much less if I was to have grease or oil on my clothes.
I've posted on my experience with neoprene seat covers I'm not a big fan of them in the south, end up setting in puddle of water/sweat. Maybe if I was living in PNW... Pacific North Wet. :giggle: but darned if this year isn't a wet one here.... Or just most of my days off.
Jeep Gladiator Are seat covers worth it? IMG_20200905_200052
Jeep Gladiator Are seat covers worth it? IMG_20200905_200017

They fit pretty well

Reactions: Mac

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Never thought this topic would be so back and forth. Valid points on both ends. But I do agree the right seat covers can really improve the look. Im not that fond of the red stitching on the rubicon seats to tell you the truth.
You were asking a totally subjective question. Heck, a JT isn't worth it to some, a Rubicon isn't worth it to some, a diesel isn't worth it to some.
It is all about personal preference and how YOU will use it. That's it.
What can you accept?
What can you not accept?
If you are asking based on appearance - geesh, it's like asking what color is best. You don't like the stitching, some will love it.
Improve the look? Again, totally subjective! Some will say they don't - I, for one, am not a fan of seat covers..........

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
All summer long I do racing on my sailboat with 3-5 people. After a race it’s typical to load a bunch of people soaked in saltwater and beer into the truck. Then there is the days with wetsuits, wet dogs, and friends coming back from a day on the island/drive out on the beach.

I have tried that Without neoprene seat covers in my old truck. Stains, odors that don’t go away and damp seats for days. That was with towels and worrying about it. The carpet cleaning machine a couple times a year did ok. But I love the seat covers they clean really easy. Maybe in a year I will pull them off and really bathe them.They are expensive but it’s much cheaper to buy them than it is to fix a ripped and moldy seat.

khockey02

First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S

I went the prp route, but should have recovered like your friend. The prp seats are nice and high quality, but with how long it takes to get them on and off and how expensive they are I don’t see much utility. I’ll be trying to sell these covers soon and eventually have katskinz or other redo the way I want.
Jeep Gladiator Are seat covers worth it? 93BD78CC-55D4-409B-8474-B586AA64E1C6

OP
OP

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
Well I'm for seat covers since I have a new vehicle. I don't want to stain and tear them up or just flat out wear holes in them from getting in and out. Spilled coffee, mustard and ketchup will blot out of cover better than the seat. Much less if I was to have grease or oil on my clothes.
I've posted on my experience with neoprene seat covers I'm not a big fan of them in the south, end up setting in puddle of water/sweat. Maybe if I was living in PNW... Pacific North Wet. :giggle: but darned if this year isn't a wet one here.... Or just most of my days off.
They fit pretty well

The rain this year has been crazy! I had several times where the JT sat under a cover, and multiple days where the inside has gotten wet from pop up storms with no doors and only the top of the soft top. The seats usually get wet on the sides when this happens.

OP
OP

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
You were asking a totally subjective question. Heck, a JT isn't worth it to some, a Rubicon isn't worth it to some, a diesel isn't worth it to some.
It is all about personal preference and how YOU will use it. That's it.
What can you accept?
What can you not accept?
If you are asking based on appearance - geesh, it's like asking what color is best. You don't like the stitching, some will love it.
Improve the look? Again, totally subjective! Some will say they don't - I, for one, am not a fan of seat covers..........
Your right it really does come down to that. Really thinking back I am trying to figure out if I will destroy my seats with the way I use my JT. I don't treat it as nicely as a new truck should be. Doors never go on, sun bakes on the seats. Rain has gotten on them at least 5 times this year.

All that said me and the kids are having a blast with it.

All summer long I do racing on my sailboat with 3-5 people. After a race it’s typical to load a bunch of people soaked in saltwater and beer into the truck. Then there is the days with wetsuits, wet dogs, and friends coming back from a day on the island/drive out on the beach.

I have tried that Without neoprene seat covers in my old truck. Stains, odors that don’t go away and damp seats for days. That was with towels and worrying about it. The carpet cleaning machine a couple times a year did ok. But I love the seat covers they clean really easy. Maybe in a year I will pull them off and really bathe them.They are expensive but it’s much cheaper to buy them than it is to fix a ripped and moldy seat.
And this. The potential odors scare me. Rain + high humidity + children seems like a combo that is pretty dangerous.

Sponsored

OP
OP

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
I went the prp route, but should have recovered like your friend. The prp seats are nice and high quality, but with how long it takes to get them on and off and how expensive they are I don’t see much utility. I’ll be trying to sell these covers soon and eventually have katskinz or other redo the way I want.
Jeep Gladiator Are seat covers worth it? 93BD78CC-55D4-409B-8474-B586AA64E1C6
They do look really nice.

Rubi_Rhod

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR 6MT, '55 Manx Clone Bug
Build Thread
Link
Thank you. PRP does a great job and I don’t want to take that away from them, but there are drawbacks to covers vs a full replacement.
Jeep Gladiator Are seat covers worth it? 9F460418-7D4E-4BE4-90C9-A87A9BA3FD98
Jeep Gladiator Are seat covers worth it? 9F460418-7D4E-4BE4-90C9-A87A9BA3FD98

Thanks for sharing these “shortcomings”
I was thinking of going Katzkin but I don’t have heated seats so cold in winter, and with the top off a lot, i can see the sun being a pain. Also while I absolutely appreciate the feel and durability of cared for leather, I’m gonna be a lot more casual in use with it which means a lot more water and dirt than leather really should see.

I also see you got the suede option on your PRP so for essentially the same cost as PRP, a custom real leather set of Katzkins would really class it up. I think the only cost disparity would be with getting a katzkin professionally installed just to make sure it comes out perfect as it is a permanent thing.

But otherwise aside from those bits you should, I would be hard pressed to tell that they were covers. So with all the customization options, along with the more abusable marine vinyl and tweed fabric, and a fit and finish that looks as clean as a factory seat option, it seems like either is a solid choice, but PRP seems the one up my alley.

I was gonna wait, but its been 2 weeks, and those seats are already never going back to new. It was a spendy truck, but everything about it screams have fun and don’t worry, so some covers will personalize and protect.

24F9876D-A757-47E0-851A-5ED158402401.jpeg

5346CC0C-F312-4A79-A351-105AC788CC16.jpeg

1FEAB3C1-56CA-4B33-999A-5EB0FD9FD26B.jpeg

Purple tweed FTW! I feel like I am gonna be alone here in this...

Kinz384

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator ,18 jku golden eagle 7 seater, 17 M2
Prp on wife’s. Bartact on mine.
I’m liking the prp better.